New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

playing catchup in this thread:

the purple/volt/grey color scheme is one of my favorites ever... but probably just because of my intense love of the misfits "earth a.d." lp.

0000156046_350.jpg

sexy.... but definitely not a color scheme the vikings should mimic. it has more halloweeny connotations than nordic warriors, imo.

next item on the agenda:

purple as a sports color is fantastic. i love it. i wish i cheered for a purple team in SOME sport (other than the ft. worth brahmas, who i see once every couple years...) i never understood why people thought purple looked feminine....

my favorite team is the titans/oilers... the oilers get infinite love on their uniforms and unique color scheme, but my mother put it best when she said "earl campbell was a bad ass. he'd be the most famous football player ever, if he wasn't running around in pastels. put him on the raiders, and he'd be a legend."

this isn't meant to slag off my oilers/titans, because i think "scary/manly/tough" color are making sports look boring.... but which of these teams looks more manly and intimidating?

Joe-Flacco-Baltimore-Ravens.jpgwarren_moon_1986_11_02.jpg

not a damn thing wrong with purple.

or baby/columbia/powder blue.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

playing catchup in this thread:

the purple/volt/grey color scheme is one of my favorites ever... but probably just because of my intense love of the misfits "earth a.d." lp.

sexy.... but definitely not a color scheme the vikings should mimic. it has more halloweeny connotations than nordic warriors, imo.

next item on the agenda:

purple as a sports color is fantastic. i love it. i wish i cheered for a purple team in SOME sport (other than the ft. worth brahmas, who i see once every couple years...) i never understood why people thought purple looked feminine....

my favorite team is the titans/oilers... the oilers get infinite love on their uniforms and unique color scheme, but my mother put it best when she said "earl campbell was a bad ass. he'd be the most famous football player ever, if he wasn't running around in pastels. put him on the raiders, and he'd be a legend."

this isn't meant to slag off my oilers/titans, because i think "scary/manly/tough" color are making sports look boring.... but which of these teams looks more manly and intimidating?

warren_moon_1986_11_02.jpg

not a damn thing wrong with purple.

or baby/columbia/powder blue.

Those Oiler uniforms were a thing of beauty. Man I miss those uniforms.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I can't wait until my bastard grandchildren mock me by saying, "haha, grandpa was around when football players wore sleeves" while they watch guys during March Madness 2044 play in sweaters and full tights.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can't wait until my bastard grandchildren mock me by saying, "haha, grandpa was around when football players wore sleeves" while they watch guys during March Madness 2044 play in sweaters and full tights.

I look forward to Cyborg Batman winning the 2044 Glorious Tournament of Victory :P

i never understood why people thought purple looked feminine....

Not all women, but it is women. They think that royal blue and yellow-gold (golden yellow, athletic gold, sunlight yellow) are pansy colors. Same goes for Columbia blue and red combined. These new age women also believe that navy is the best blue to go with and it would show off the darkness of blue. It's that they want that in men.

They want us men to be boring, dreary looking, and just flat. While the men do not pop in color, the women will pop out showing that they are the center of attention. That's where it's coming from.

I we wear less yellow-gold, royal blue, red, Kelly green, Columbia blue, scarlet, crimson, royal purple, heliotrope, and peach-orange, then we are considered sexy looking in those type of colors. It's a mess to begin with, but it shows how we are not logical or creative with color.

I am glad I haven't lost that touch, but damn!

I'll also inject this into the "pastel ain't manly" conversation...

...The man who pretty much revolutionized the linebacker position in the NFL was also one of if not THE most feared man in the game during his time. The color he wore in college?

RackMultipart181690_display_image_zps4dc9ce16.jpg

That nice, bright, pastel Carolina blue.

/perspective

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not arguing, but honest question.... would you say thw cowboys primary color is white? I'd say as a dallas resident that sees cowboys stuff daily shoved down my throat, their primary color is navy blue. Despite only wearing it maybe once a year, and using royal blue on their home uniform.

I think of the lakers as a purple team that has a quirk of yellow instead of white. Not as a yellow team that wears purple as a secondary uniform. Not that there's any real correct answer to any of this.

Not arguing, but honest question.... would you say thw cowboys primary color is white? I'd say as a dallas resident that sees cowboys stuff daily shoved down my throat, their primary color is navy blue. Despite only wearing it maybe once a year, and using royal blue on their home uniform.

I think of the lakers as a purple team that has a quirk of yellow instead of white. Not as a yellow team that wears purple as a secondary uniform. Not that there's any real correct answer to any of this.

yea i dont see a "right" answer to it either. Cowboys and Lakers are special cases. id say the Cowboy's primary is blue too.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i never understood why people thought purple looked feminine....

Not all women, but it is women. They think that royal blue and yellow-gold (golden yellow, athletic gold, sunlight yellow) are pansy colors. Same goes for Columbia blue and red combined. These new age women also believe that navy is the best blue to go with and it would show off the darkness of blue. It's that they want that in men.

They want us men to be boring, dreary looking, and just flat. While the men do not pop in color, the women will pop out showing that they are the center of attention. That's where it's coming from.

I we wear less yellow-gold, royal blue, red, Kelly green, Columbia blue, scarlet, crimson, royal purple, heliotrope, and peach-orange, then we are considered sexy looking in those type of colors. It's a mess to begin with, but it shows how we are not logical or creative with color.

I am glad I haven't lost that touch, but damn!

Ummmm... what?

Hey, know what would look better than that gray tracksuit? A purple one, a white one, or even a gold one, although gold in that format would look more like khaki. It's not baseball. Gray shouldn't be thrown into color schemes at random because it's "kewl" nowadays.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Similar to the mavericks, nets, clippers, celtics, and suns... all of whom consider WHITE to be their primary color. Amirite?

they dont wear a colored jersey at home, so no i wouldnt say its the same

Of course you wouldn't. Because it blows up your point.

It would interesting to ask people, just off the top of their heads, what is the Lakers' primary color. I'd bet purple edges out yellow.

Similar to the mavericks, nets, clippers, celtics, and suns... all of whom consider WHITE to be their primary color. Amirite?

It would interesting to ask people, just off the top of their heads, what is the Lakers' primary color. I'd bet purple edges out yellow.

The Lakers marketing types list their colors as "Royal Purple, Gold and White". However, the NBA Creative Services Dept. puts out a listing of "Team Identity Preferences" every season, and Gold is listed as the #1 Color, with Purple being #2, and Black (yes, Black) #3.

A case can be made for both sides of this argument.

The Lakers will always be GOLD then purple in my eyes

Archived