New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the color name "Petunia" hilariously ironic given the whole "manly" debate.

I agree. I should point out - for those who are newer here - that those textile color descriptions (in quotes) are designated by the manufacturers. The Vikings (or the NFL) had nothing to do with their names.

purple is not the color of royalty in 2013 North America.

You sure about that?

So wait.....the team "progressed" the logo, is unveiling "new" uniforms, but decided their dated wordmark didn't need an upgrade?

That's about as sad as having purple & yellow as your primary team colors.

Their wordmark needed no updating. It's a classic. You gonna ask the Giants or Packrs to do the same?

Yeah, maybe they should add the color "volt", Volt. :rolleyes: That would be kewl!

7-Miami-Heat-Nba-Storm-Gray-Lime-Purple-For-Lebron-9-Volt-Custom-Fitted-New-Era-59fifty-5950-1.jpgnike-dunk-low-purple-volt-600x340.jpgnike-dunk-low-purple-volt-4-600x340.jpg

Hey - you're on to something. It WOULD have been an upgrade :welcome:

That colour scheme's fantastic.....if the Vikings were trying to kill the Batman.

This is just where people have different opinions; I think purple/volt is a better combination than purple/yellow. It has edge, it's modern, it's cleaner, and it's bold.

Buzz words ahoy! Objectively speaking how does purple/volt have more of an "edge" then purple/yellow? If you like the former better then the latter that's all well and good, but let's not make stuff up.

Well assuming he means the volt and purple is more edgy then it would make perfect sense. Using a rarely seen color like "volt" as opposed to yellow would be daring, provocative (look at the reaction around here), potentially trend setting... aka words that define edgy.

He didn't say "edgy," he said "edge." There's a difference. To say something has an "edge" over something else to say it has a clear advantage. Volt/purple doesn't have a clear advantage over yellow/purple, therefore it doesn't have an "edge" over it. If he meant "edgy" then he should have said edgy.

He just used the wrong word. There's a difference between what the words "edgy" and "edge" mean. This is also a message board, where the written word is paramount. It's not out of line to judge a post on the words it actually uses.

purple is not the color of royalty in 2013 North America.

You sure about that?

So wait.....the team "progressed" the logo, is unveiling "new" uniforms, but decided their dated wordmark didn't need an upgrade?

That's about as sad as having purple & yellow as your primary team colors.

Their wordmark needed no updating. It's a classic. You gonna ask the Giants or Packrs to do the same?

Yeah, maybe they should add the color "volt", Volt. :rolleyes: That would be kewl!

7-Miami-Heat-Nba-Storm-Gray-Lime-Purple-For-Lebron-9-Volt-Custom-Fitted-New-Era-59fifty-5950-1.jpgnike-dunk-low-purple-volt-600x340.jpgnike-dunk-low-purple-volt-4-600x340.jpg

Hey - you're on to something. It WOULD have been an upgrade :welcome:

That colour scheme's fantastic.....if the Vikings were trying to kill the Batman.

This is just where people have different opinions; I think purple/volt is a better combination than purple/yellow. It has edge, it's modern, it's cleaner, and it's bold.

Buzz words ahoy! Objectively speaking how does purple/volt have more of an "edge" then purple/yellow? If you like the former better then the latter that's all well and good, but let's not make stuff up.

Well assuming he means the volt and purple is more edgy then it would make perfect sense. Using a rarely seen color like "volt" as opposed to yellow would be daring, provocative (look at the reaction around here), potentially trend setting... aka words that define edgy.

He didn't say "edgy," he said "edge." There's a difference. To say something has an "edge" over something else to say it has a clear advantage. Volt/purple doesn't have a clear advantage over yellow/purple, therefore it doesn't have an "edge" over it. If he meant "edgy" then he should have said edgy.

are there any emperors wearing purple robes these days? theres historical context with the color that will never change, but we're sooner to associate the color with Barney and teletubbies than royalty.

EDIT - i probably shouldnt have included Canadian associations with American. IC has kept me in check

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I understand that the color purple has certain connotations. I just don't think said connotations should override its presence in sports. We're reaching an era in which we know better than to think about Barney, teletubbies, and feminine colors when talking about the Vikings.

You did make a good point.

Midway.png

I'm waiting for "You know what else is purple? A bruise. And If you don't..."

Anyways. Greg Jennings in (maybe) the new unis.

NXHhd2g.jpg

After reading through the thread I suspect that the new will be essentially the unis from 1961 - 2005. Hopefully the color will be consistent between helmet and uni (They haven't always been). I'd love to see them go back to this:

MinnesotaVikingsPurple_1979_SCC_SRGB.png

But I don't think they will.

Purple dosent scream "manliness and testosterone".

2012-8-17-ray-lewis-ravens-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

Did someone say screaming manliness and testosterone?

I honestly don't get the need to wear "manly" looking uniforms in football. You're playing football for crips sake, that's "manly" enough. If anything, I would love to wear really sissy looking stuff, just so it's so much more satisfying when you're opponent loses to someone wearing pink. But that's just me.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm waiting for "You know what else is purple? A bruise. And If you don't..."

Anyways. Greg Jennings in (maybe) the new unis.

NXHhd2g.jpg

After reading through the thread I suspect that the new will be essentially the unis from 1961 - 2005. Hopefully the color will be consistent between helmet and uni (They haven't always been). I'd love to see them go back to this:

MinnesotaVikingsPurple_1979_SCC_SRGB.png

But I don't think they will.

well that's photoshopped so a no go there, there's 4 different purples in the one pic...

EDIT: the original

430px-Greg_Jennings-1.jpg

Archived