Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

I don't understand why they didn't put the "Hornets" on the white and purple shorts in Purple and White respectively. Having the wordmark be the same color as the shorts does not look, but on the teal shorts the purple wordmark looks great.

BqgNeYbIMAAGfak.jpg

spacer.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new-phoenix-suns-jerseys.jpg?w=1800&h=10

140619_jersey_signup.jpg

Looks familiar. .

No it doesn't

What's great is that Jefferson noted in the video that the teal can be used at home or road. Lots of color on color possibilities in Charlotte home games. I don't know how freely they would do it, but if they do it like the Pacers and Cavs with their alts, I can be fine with it

Go A's!

No Number outline. Logo on no colored waistband. Thats all guys not being specific damn. Relax don't do it. I invented the piano key neck tie!

No number outline is something multiple teams use. Logo on no colored waistband is a design multiple teams use. It's the norm.

Go A's!

new-phoenix-suns-jerseys.jpg?w=1800&h=10

140619_jersey_signup.jpg

Looks familiar. .

Yup quite similar indeed. Who knew so many teams have white home uniforms!

In all seriousness, I don't get the hate for these. The front numbers need to be smaller but these are really nice otherwise. Great color balance, solid fonts, and the multiple colored stripe on the side pays a great tribute to the old pinstripes while keeping with modern design.

I gotta give these an 8.5/10

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The uniforms are really nice except for the Hornet wordmark on the shorts, but I would still give them a 8/10 as once I got over the disappointment on not have the classic stripes, I realized that this is a very clean look.

spacer.png

BqgM_6MIMAETqG5.png

As much as I LOVE the 90s, one thing I dislike about the decade was the NBA's usage of asymmetrical side stripes. I still don't like them. In addition to the overlapping collar and the giganto monotone numbers, I give these unis a Could've-Been-Better/10.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

No Number outline. Logo on no colored waistband. Thats all guys not being specific damn. Relax don't do it. I invented the piano key neck tie!

No number outline is something multiple teams use. Logo on no colored waistband is a design multiple teams use. It's the norm.
I know that..just Suns is one example. Did you want me to flood the board with others pic examples. Outline/Stylized team name with tone-on-tone numbers.

newlook_19_medium.jpg

Teaser6_zpseabd508d.jpg

ll_gallery.jpg?itok=WBEhrAwN

Its the new norm but personally Im not a fan. Everyone wants to be a smart ass. Good for you and vicfurth. Just like Mavs/Bobcats/ or others who had similar templates thats all.

shado_logo.gif

Its odd that there is a negative space three-stripes that really does scream adidas when you look at it. I realize its technically 4 stripes but the negative space in between makes the classic three thick stripes that adidas always uses..

BUT WHAT'S ODD is that the uniforms were designed by Nike/Jordan .. not adidas. So maybe its just a happy accident for adidas.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

BqgM_6MIMAETqG5.png

As much as I LOVE the 90s, one thing I dislike about the decade was the NBA's usage of asymmetrical side stripes. I still don't like them. In addition to the overlapping collar and the giganto monotone numbers, I give these unis a Could've-Been-Better/10.

The collar & waistband logo are throwbacks to the original Hornets uniforms.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but is the new Teal that much lighter than the old teal? That teal looks almost like Miami Dolphin aqua.

Edit - Maybe it's the lighting of the photos. The unveiling videos makes the teal look more 'teal'.

Love them. Crisp clean and distinctive. The pinstripes were overrated, especially the different colored ones. Love the teal as an alt. going to take some getting used to the one side panel, but otherwise awesome job. 9/10.

Those colors though <3

Archived