Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Wow, what a game! Great team effort!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said this last year after a late-season Bruins/Rangers game, and I'll say it again here:

Never understand what many coaches are thinking behind their pulling the goalie tactics. Bruins established zone presence at about 1:30 remaining, and didn't pull Rask then. Didn't pull Rask AT ALL while the puck was in the zone, in fact. By the time Claude was ready to pull Rask, the Bruins were having trouble negotiating the neutral zone. The Bruins missed at least 25-30 seconds of not only having the extra attacker in the proverbial "nothing left to lose" zone, but the extra attacker may well have been able to keep the puck in the zone, too, and keep the Chicago unit trapped on the ice as well.

I mean, sure, there's a reason why they are the coaches and I'm the schmuck watching them on a 2-D screen thousands of miles away, but this is one area I have never agreed with many coaches about. Under two minutes remaining, I firmly believe the goalie should be pulled while zone presence is being established, and not after the fact. Otherwise, too much time is wasted, and the risk of losing the zone increases.

spacer.png

Hopefully Toews doesn't have a scrambled egg. That would be bad. /uninsightful contribution due to being in phone

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh stop. It was a great team effort, damnit. The new CS85 embraces positive, if not boring language/expressions. If you don't like it you can go f...

...go for a pleasant stroll! GOOD DAY, SIR

twitter

I'm proud of my creation. Happy is the new sad.

I'm thinking it has to be Toews's shoulder more than his head. If Quenneville left Toews on the bench under that light and sound with concussion symptoms, he should be fired on the spot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm thinking it has to be Toews's shoulder more than his head. If Quenneville left Toews on the bench under that light and sound with concussion symptoms, he should be fired on the spot.

That's what I thought myself. The hit compilation on Toews they played mid-3rd seemed to, if anything, favor the shoulder theory.

If they do indeed win the cup, admiral, is it ok if I watch the parade on TV? Or am I only fit for reading abbreviated summaries before surrendering to my imagination due to paywalls?

twitter

If they do indeed win the cup, admiral, is it ok if I watch the parade on TV? Or am I only fit for reading abbreviated summaries before surrendering to my imagination due to paywalls?

Normally, I'd ridicule this entire conversation, but I have no room to talk. I'm the guy who asked for the Lt. Colonel's permission before I started posting in this thread.

BB52Big.jpg

A lot of questions going into tonight's game, but this is the big one - can Andy/CS85 maintain his optimism? B)

As I tweeted, I'm recording myself the entire game. I'll play the highlights of my ups/downs on the next podcast.

twitter

A lot of questions going into tonight's game, but this is the big one - can Andy/CS85 maintain his optimism? B)

As I tweeted, I'm recording myself the entire game. I'll play the highlights of my ups/downs on the next podcast.

That should be fun.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived