Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Wow. Congrats to the Blackhawks for the Cup and to both teams for a great series. We were really spoiled by the epic NBA Finals and Stanley Cup this year.

And to think, we were all two minutes away from the 1st time since 1994 where both the Cup Final and NBA Finals needed a Game 7.

But yeah, we were spoiled with this June's awesome championship series from both leagues.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the audio of me freaking out as they scored the tying/winning goals. Lots of F-bombs and screaming at a weird tone that will hurt your ears.

https://soundcloud.com/elevatorengage/the-win

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here's the audio of me freaking out as they scored the tying/winning goals. Lots of F-bombs and screaming at a weird tone that will hurt your ears.

https://soundcloud.c...rengage/the-win

Yeah, we'll be playing that.

Directv... I hate you.

Assuming this is the reason... Damn, dude. Local channels cost all of five bucks a month.

BB52Big.jpg

Unbelievably heartbreaking ending. Son of a bitch. If the Cup wasn't going to reside in Boston this summer, I'm glad it's at least in a town that appreciates hockey like Chicago does. I couldn't build up any type of hate against this team like Vancouver in 2011. Just a gritty, classy team.

Hats off Hawks fans, congrats.

Unbelievably heartbreaking ending. Son of a bitch. If the Cup wasn't going to reside in Boston this summer, I'm glad it's at least in a town that appreciates hockey like Chicago does. I couldn't build up any type of hate against this team like Vancouver in 2011. Just a gritty, classy team.

I would've said the same had the Blackhawks lost. The Bruins and their fans have been extremely cool despite each side's thirst for the title. Handshakes all around.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

To which I say good series, Boston fans. Your boys played their hearts out. It was plainly obvious that they deserved the Cup just as much as Chicago and against anyone else, Boston probably would have won. If I had a hat on, I'd tip it to you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I would've said the same had the Blackhawks lost. The Bruins and their fans have been extremely cool despite each side's thirst for the title. Handshakes all around.

To which I say good series, Boston fans. Your boys played their hearts out. It was plainly obvious that they deserved the Cup just as much as Chicago and against anyone else, Boston probably would have won. If I had a hat on, I'd tip it to you.

And then you wonder why it would be so much easier to see a fanbase like those in Chicago or Boston celebrating a sports championship, compared to Miami.

I rooted for the Blackhawks on pure merit here. But a Boston franchise will always be high on the lists of markets who deserve championships based on fan dedication. Based on that, this was just another reason why this was such a great series to watch. Both sides were deserving winners.

spacer.png

Someone call Lake County Sheriff's Police. We need to make sure admiral's not dead. I think this might have ended him.

I'm still in shock. I may never not be. Of all the endings, of all the players, of all the gin joints in all the world... what.

Also:

Screenshot_2013-06-24-21-56-50-1_zpsb352ea78.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To all Chicago fans, including CS, Admiral, Richardson, OldRoman and Sodboy: have fun with your cup championship. Your team rightfully earned it, after going all-Goro on Detroit after trailing 3-1, after going all-Scorpion on the Kings, and after such a Cup Final where the Blackhawks went all-Johnny Cage tonight.

Congrats and skate the cup well for the summer!

Someone call Lake County Sheriff's Police. We need to make sure admiral's not dead. I think this might have ended him.

I'm still in shock. I may never not be. Of all the endings, of all the players, of all the gin joints in all the world... what.

Also:

Screenshot_2013-06-24-21-56-50-1_zpsb352ea78.png

"Stupid babies need the most attention."

Archived