Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings are officially no longer Stanley Cup Champions... that's refreshing.

Congrats to Sodbody, CRich, the admiral, and every other CCSLC Hawks fan outside of CS85. Congrats!

Why is he excluded?

Admiral formally banned me on grounds of being a little bitch. HD coverage will do.

edit: Just realized this wasn't about the victory parade. I'm too happy to care. This is awesome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Where's the screencap of Andrew Shaw lifting the Cup over his head with a bloodied face...

BNkwgc8CYAAc618.jpg

Screen cap won't suffice; we need a video so we can appreciate the multiple f-bombs that NBC let slip past them while he was holding the Cup.

The Kings are officially no longer Stanley Cup Champions... that's refreshing.

Congrats to Sodbody, CRich, the admiral, and every other CCSLC Hawks fan outside of CS85. Congrats!

Why is he excluded?

I'm just kidding around. Congrats to him too.

Wow. Just an unbelievable ending. I was dreading game 7, then in the span of 17 seconds (about 3 minutes real time), the Hawks were seconds away from the Cup. I can't imagine how I would take it if I was on the other end of that loss. Kudos to Boston fans for having such a good team. It was a hell of a series, though I think I would have enjoyed these games more if they my team wasn't playing. I'm not calling off work tomorrow, but I don't plan on getting much sleep. Holy :censored:! Where's the Tylenol?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The hoisting of the Cup seemed to be kinda subdued, huh? A short speech by Bettman (hardly any excitement behind the presenting of both trophies), no music being played in the arena, and pretty quick passings of the Cup between the players....seemed like everyone was so stunned to be ready to celebrate.

This sucks. Good for Boston, but I'm ashamed of this Blackhawks team. Just sputtering into the dregs of hockey fail-town without much of a fight.

QFT

You can plumb up about 3 pages worth of my pessimism, dude. I know I'm not always this shining beacon of optimism, but I'm allowed to enjoy this. And I am.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

[The Franchise that Saved Hockey]

No "SI Cover Curse" this time.

Ironically, this is the exact opposite of what you said in the regular season thread.

But bygones may be bygones...

Well in all fairness, Chicago had both the SI and President's Trophy jinxes on their backs.

And they still won the cup.

The 2010 Cup win was more fun because it had been 49 years, but the 2013 team saved the sport of hockey. So I guess I'm equally happy today as I was three years ago.

JJcIMRT.gif

Why in this GIF does Quenneville look a whole lot like Vic Palmero from the show, "George Lopez?"

6FXzKOM.gif

twitter

I missed the game because I was making my parents an anniversary dinner. During dinner got an update on ScoreCenter and now I must see highlights at some point.

Congrats to all Blackhawks fans. Here's the final and completed bracket of the NHL season:

Full Size

NHLStanleyCupFinals_Complete_zps46834792.png

Archived