Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a slightly off-beat note, what was the concensus on Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)" as the official anthem of the playoffs?

I'm not a monstrous fan of the band, and only a lukewarm fan of the song by itself, but when in tandem with playoff highlights, I thought it was awesome.

The Penguins started using it towards the end of the season in

which were actually pretty cool at first, but when they started coming on every other commercial break, especially during the games, it got really old for me before the playoffs even started. At least they stopped forcing us to listen to "Radioactive" a million times.

In the end, just another sub-par pop song overplayed and killed by sports media. Same with that damn Macklemore song or that "Remember the Name" one from a few years ago.

oBIgzrL.png

Since this sort of pertains to the Blackhawks, to the Chicago peeps; where is the best place to park in downtown Chicago that wont cost an arm or a leg?

A CTA Park-n-Ride away from downtown and an "L" ticket.

Cumberland on the Blue Line or Pulaski on the Orange Line for those. If you want to/have to actually drive into downtown, there's a gravel lot at Lake & Canal, and a garage on the other side of the river at Lake & Franklin, that both offer good early bird deals. Get in before 7:00am and you should be able to park all day for around $14.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On a slightly off-beat note, what was the concensus on Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)" as the official anthem of the playoffs?

I'm not a monstrous fan of the band, and only a lukewarm fan of the song by itself, but when in tandem with playoff highlights, I thought it was awesome.

The song sucks. Pete Wentz sucks. His silly-ass Morrissey-with-head-trauma song titles suck. His band sucks. That they're just a bunch of North Shore bitches who wear eyeliner sucks. Everything about Fall Out Boy sucks. My suggestion for a playoff anthem contained in our thread title was better.

Oh, and don't park in downtown Chicago for the parade. What are you, high? High on drugs?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would like to bury the hatchet and Congratulate the Blackhawks on a well deserved Cup Victory. This is clearly their time and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them lifting the Cup in their beautiful red jerseys sometime in the next few years. I thought seeing your team (or Boston for that matter) win would be my worst nightmare but both teams produced arguably the most exciting SCF since the 2005 lockout and for that I’m thankful. This is exactly what the NHL needed after the lockout debacle and I will not be insulting either teams on these boards again. This is your time, enjoy the parade :)

The WWE's favorite bandwaggoner:

BNp0BWQCAAExyhT.jpg

How do we know he's a bandwagoner?

Also, Best in the World.

I've followed him on twitter for 3 years and it wasn't until this years playoffs that he ever mentioned hockey, the Blackhawks or any sport outside of MMA.

I was at nhl.com looking to watch the end of the game and some of the celebration again... apparently whoever decides the three stars of the game tried to beat the traffic on the way out. These are the official three stars:

1st: Milan Lucic - 1G, 0A

2nd: Duncan Keith - 0G, 1A

3rd: Tyler Seguin - 0G, 1A

Most 3 stars have to be decided with at least 5 minutes to go. I know the Conn Smythe votes had to be in by the 10:00 mark of the 3rd period.

So if the Bruins forced game 7, would they have re-voted?

Or if it's game 7, do they get an "if Boston wins" vote and an "if Chicago wins" vote?

No because 5 times the Smythe has gone to a member of the losing team, Mao recently in 2003.

It can also technically go to a player whose team didn't even make the Finals, although that has never happened. It would be an interesting presentation ceremony...

Fall Out Boy's song fell somewhere between last year's "This Train" and "It Started With A Whisper" (low) and 2011's "Written in the Stars" (high) on the MLB overplayed ad/theme song scale. I first heard it played live on NBA All-Star Saturday, I think. That's what I associate it with.

But for general annoyance, nothing beats Ron Silver's "His FATHER is the DISTRICT

ATTORNEY!" But that might just be me.

Evidently!

No because 5 times the Smythe has gone to a member of the losing team, Mao recently in 2003.

Chairman Mao played for Anaheim?

Chairman Mao played for Anaheim?

He was a solid goalie at first, but teams started owning him gloveside after they figured out he only went to the left.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I am not heading out to the parade tomorrow, but I should be able to see some of it from my office building. Oh, and I will be watching the rally online unless the IT department re-adds the video filters before tomorrow, and I fully expect them to.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I am going. If I am trampled to death by a pack of wild bros, I just want all of you here to know I love you, in a board way.

Archived