Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From one of Andy's Facebook posts. There was never any doubt on my end. B)

FBHawks1.jpg

You're the man, Greg. My rampant negativity all playoffs has been slain. I was put in my place, and the Blackhawks rose to take the title in spite of my doubts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From one of Andy's Facebook posts. There was never any doubt on my end. B)

FBHawks1.jpg

You're the man, Greg. My rampant negativity all playoffs has been slain. I was put in my place, and the Blackhawks rose to take the title in spite of my doubts.

I got lucky - twice.

BB52Big.jpg

I can't imagine what this must feel like for Chicago fans. One minute, you're sizing up your chances in game seven. The next, you're thinking "we got it to OT." Then, well that's where I can't imagine what it must feel like for Chicago fans. Holy :censored: that was amazing.

Now, we wait for the Lt. Colonel's reaction.

BB52Big.jpg

Imagine if Shaw doesn't tip in the Game 1 winner and the Bruins won?

Imagine if the Bruins didn't pull off that ridiculous comeback over the Leafs...?

What if the Wings had finished off the Blackhawks in the semi-final?

(See how stupid this can get really quickly...?)

6fQjS3M.png

Imagine if Shaw doesn't tip in the Game 1 winner and the Bruins won?

Imagine if the Bruins didn't pull off that ridiculous comeback over the Leafs...?

What if the Wings had finished off the Blackhawks in the semi-final?

(See how stupid this can get really quickly...?)

Pittsburgh would have beat the Leafs, imo. Would Chicago be able to beat Pittsburgh?

Andrew Shaw, to me, symbolizes everything I like more than anything else in a hockey player.

Pardon the Lightning bit here, but what's probably my favourite memory of Steven Stamkos is not his 2010 or 2012 Rocket Richard campaigns, or his 200+ career goals, or any of that. My favourite memory has to be from Game 7 of the 2011 ECF against the Bruins when, part way through the 2nd period, he took a deflection in the face of a Johnny Boychuk slapper. As everyone knows, Boychuk has an absolute hammer, and even with a stick deflection, Stammer still took a :censored: ing ton to the face there.

Five minutes later, with a cage, he was back on the ice.

He didn't score, his teammates didn't score, and the Bruins won that game 1-0 and eventually the Cup. But I don't think I've ever had more respect for Stammer than in that moment. And I say the same for Andrew Shaw here. You can't buy that kind of toughness and grit anywhere on the planet. That's will to win. That's being an outstanding teammate. That's #becauseitsthecup.

Hats off, Andrew Shaw.

spacer.png

Archived