Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

The Albert's and Rosen are all fine by me.

Really, these kinds of debates are pointless, because they are entirely opinion-driven; you can't just "prove" who's the best and who's the worst. There are plenty of people out there who like Joe Buck quite a bit. Hell, there are morons like myself who like Hawk Harrelson (though that's only because he's one-of-a-kind in today's game; multiple Hawk-type PbP guys would get irritating quite quickly).

Doc Emrick, on the whole, doesn't outright piss me off, but he's far from a favourite of mine. In the NHL today, I'd probably take Dave Strader over anyone else.

No, you CAN prove the best. It's Vin Scully. End of discussion.

Here's the proof:

x + 2 = Scully - 2

x = Scully

Done and done.

Oh and by the way, he works alone.

So, Scully is so amazing that he defies math? I buy it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't get me wrong, I like Doc too. I like him a lot. It's just that sometimes when he says things like that, it takes me out of the game for a second. If you're paid to talk for a living, you should try to make sense.

The funny thing about Emrick is that he has like some finite quantity of eloquence, which he is prone to exhausting on synonyms and tortured syntax, leaving him with some sort of aphasic episode. To wit, "Bergeron elevators the puck to Krejci, who dissects it to Lucic, ricocheted back to Boychuk, skittered to Ference, ping-ponged back to Boychuk for a DRIIIIVE and blocked by Crawford rebounded back a SHOOOOT and but it...no and the...with the it's a...and the and NO for the...it but...TOEWS!!" It's kind of like blowing up a balloon and letting it deflate in the air without having tied it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Don't get me wrong, I like Doc too. I like him a lot. It's just that sometimes when he says things like that, it takes me out of the game for a second. If you're paid to talk for a living, you should try to make sense.

The funny thing about Emrick is that he has like some finite quantity of eloquence, which he is prone to exhausting on synonyms and tortured syntax, leaving him with some sort of aphasic episode. To wit, "Bergeron elevators the puck to Krejci, who dissects it to Lucic, ricocheted back to Boychuk, skittered to Ference, ping-ponged back to Boychuk for a DRIIIIVE and blocked by Crawford rebounded back a SHOOOOT and but it...no and the...with the it's a...and the and NO for the...it but...TOEWS!!" It's kind of like blowing up a balloon and letting it deflate in the air without having tied it.

Emrick tries too hard to be like Jim Nantz: becomes the philosophical, extrinsic broadcaster when play is dead but has to add in the bone-churning hockey adjectives when play resumes.

Ooh, yeah, good call. "The Kings...are the Kings" from last year was textbook Nantz, except there wasn't enough to it, so it was just like "the snozzberries taste like snozzberries."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ooh, yeah, good call. "The Kings...are the Kings" from last year was textbook Nantz, except there wasn't enough to it, so it was just like "the snozzberries taste like snozzberries."

Not as bad as how he called Chicago's 2010 cup clincher. At least CBC's Jim Hughson had some idea Kane scored a game-winning goal.

I'm ready. Blackhawks: you can do this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And there's Boston trying to get physical to try and level the playing field. Chicago's just got to ignore them and take advantage of their youth and speed. Trying to out-physical the Bruins won't end well.

Interesting from the Bruins twitter

Update: Patrice Bergeron has been taken to a local hospital in Chicago for observation. There is no further update at this time

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived