Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Wheres the penalty for throwing the garbage on the ice? What a joke! How hard is it to keep a 3 goal lead in one god damned period!

I dunno, how hard is it to win a playoff game period?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there it goes.........

What can I say? This team wasn't supposed to make the playoffs. They did. They weren't supposed to win a game against Boston. They did. They weren't supposed to make it to a game seven after going down 3 games to 1. They got there, winning two straight against a team that had beat them for nine straight games at one point.

I'm very proud of this team, and I can't wait to see what the future holds. Go Leafs Go.

To the fans of the Boston Bruins, congratulations. This was one of the best playoff series I've ever seen. Best of luck to your team going forward.

Well there is goes.........

What can I say? This team wasn't supposed to make the playoffs. They did. They weren't supposed to win a game against Boston. They did. They weren't supposed to make it to a game seven after going down 3 games to 1. They got there, winning two straight against a team that had beat them for nine straight games at one point.

I'm very proud of this team, and I can't wait to see what the future holds. Go Leafs Go.

To the fans of the Boston Bruins, congratulations. This was one of the best playoff series I've ever seen. Best of luck to your team going forward.

Not sure if brave face, or denial, for the CCSLC populace.

I remember the Lightning in 2011. Extremely similar spot, just a deeper playoff run. Surprising series against Boston, went to a Game 7. I was proud of the team regardless of what happened, but damned I'll be if I didn't admit to wanting to punch some windows that night. Nothing sucks more than knowing that the opportunity to advance is right on the door-step, and it doesn't fall your way.

spacer.png

Well there it goes.........

Thanks man. The Leafs did great, and that was probably the best 7 game series I have ever seen. The Leafs deserved to win it as much as the Bruins, and I don't wanna play you guys next year.

Wheres the penalty for throwing the garbage on the ice? What a joke! How hard is it to keep a 3 goal lead in one god damned period!

Oh wow how original. Gosh golly gee I had no idea the Canucks were swept. Thanks for brining it to my attention. Got any other pearls of wisdom?

I'm aching for the Maple Leaf fans. That's probably the toughest possible way to go out.

To get that close, to have the second round in your hands, and then blow it is worse than any blow out loss you could've experienced.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pipe down fellas. Leafs can't find their legs after the 10 minute mark, it ain't over yet.

We'll be seein' ya Toronto!

My buddy ended up leaving the game with 3 minutes left. I live next to the Garden and validate parking for friends that go to games, he ended up watching the preceding 3 goals from my couch, half crying.

Oh wow how original. Gosh golly gee I had no idea the Canucks were swept. Thanks for brining it to my attention. Got any other pearls of wisdom?

Yeah, don't buy an AHL team until you have a home for it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived