• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey.

About Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

Yeah.

rockimusprime4pwqv1.gif

0b709723-7e39-454b-8b2b-adf8c3d28ea2_zps

They still beat the Chargers pretty handily (SD needed an onside kick recovery just to make it competitive)... I'll take getting to the Super Bowl versus my team lucking their way into the playoffs. Considering how depleted the defense was, and having lost an All-Pro at the second most important position in football (Ryan Clady), getting to the Super Bowl in itself was a pretty great task. Having a QB that makes as much as Manning limits what you can do elsewhere. Harder to plug injuries. Seattle will know the feeling after next year, if not sooner.

I don't think this was Peyton's fault in the slightest... the referees were pretty forgiving when it came to contact with the WRs, evidenced by the Broncos lone TD, an earlier play, and a play a little later on in the game (and frankly, that doesn't bother me as I think the rules favoring the offense are ridiculous), and the Broncos offensive line was horrendous.

Seahawks came to play. They were physical and the Broncos absolutely weren't. The Broncos took every opportunity to piss the game away -- Demaryius Thomas' fumble was absolutely pathetic and he was the only Bronco that had a "good game". Knowshon Moreno being content to watch the ball fall to the ground while the Seahawks player made an attempt to actually catch the ball was beyond pathetic, since Knowshon was in much better position to start.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hey.

Yeah.

rockimusprime4pwqv1.gif

They still beat the Chargers pretty handily (SD needed an onside kick recovery just to make it competitive)... I'll take getting to the Super Bowl versus my team lucking their way into the playoffs. Considering how depleted the defense was, and having lost an All-Pro at the second most important position in football (Ryan Clady), getting to the Super Bowl in itself was a pretty great task. Having a QB that makes as much as Manning limits what you can do elsewhere. Harder to plug injuries. Seattle will know the feeling after next year, if not sooner.

I don't think this was Peyton's fault in the slightest... the referees were pretty forgiving when it came to contact with the WRs, evidenced by the Broncos lone TD, an earlier play, and a play a little later on in the game (and frankly, that doesn't bother me as I think the rules favoring the offense are ridiculous), and the Broncos offensive line was horrendous.

Seahawks came to play. They were physical and the Broncos absolutely weren't. The Broncos took every opportunity to piss the game away -- Demaryius Thomas' fumble was absolutely pathetic and he was the only Bronco that had a "good game". Knowshon Moreno being content to watch the ball fall to the ground while the Seahawks player made an attempt to actually catch the ball was beyond pathetic, since Knowshon was in much better position to start.

All I see is a lot of excuses. You'd figure the "greatest QB of all-time" could muster more than 8 points.

Hey.

Yeah.

rockimusprime4pwqv1.gif

All I see is a lot of excuses. You'd figure the "greatest QB of all-time" could muster more than 8 points.

Not really, I just don't think it was really Mannings fault. The first pick was clearly his fault, but even then, and just about every other player after that there was a Seahawk in his face. The offensive line got manhandled. That's just the way it was. The guy who, I'm sure is your candidate for best QB ever, didn't fare a whole lot better two weeks ago against a much weaker defense.

IUe6Hvh.png

They still beat the Chargers pretty handily (SD needed an onside kick recovery just to make it competitive)... I'll take getting to the Super Bowl versus my team lucking their way into the playoffs.

:lol:

Look See Red, you are easily one of the more tolerable Broncos fans on here. Heck, I'll go further. You're a Broncos fan I don't cringe at whenever you post regarding your team.

That being said, "the Chargers suck" comebacks? You're better then that. I get you're frustrated, but come on. I know the Chargers aren't that good. I know they lucked their way into the playoffs (though I think it's silly to say they didn't deserve to be there, they had to beat Cinci to get to Denver). I've said, both here and elsewhere, that the Chargers just making the playoffs was a treat considering the very low expectations I had for them. So saying "well....well....THE CHARGERS SUCK SO THERE" is just silly. Yeah. They're not as good the Broncos. That's not we're talking about here.

I don't think this was Peyton's fault in the slightest... the referees were pretty forgiving when it came to contact with the WRs, evidenced by the Broncos lone TD and a play a little later on in the game (and frankly, that doesn't bother me as I think the rules favoring the offense are ridiculous), and the Broncos offensive line was horrendous.

I, for one, found the refs' handling of the game refreshing. Pass interference is called way to often these days.

As for Peyton...he was the unquestioned leader of what some were calling the greatest offence in NFL history. And they managed eight points in a game they were favoured to win. It wasn't all on him, obviously. Still, he isn't free from blame either. It was a complete offensive meltdown on Denver's part, and Manning is going to shoulder part of the blame for that.

I don't think even good Peyton Manning was going to win tonight. The Denver defense wasn't stopping the Seahawks and it was evident who would win after a couple possessions. Peyton Manning also doesn't play defense or special teams.

Seattle was clearly the better team tonight. I don't put all of that on Peyton Manning.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If Infrared is anything like me, I've now learned how to say "ass-kicking" in Russian, Chinese, and Hungarian......

Are you referring to listening to all the Super Bowl feeds on Sirius-XM? Hearing the Super Bowl being called in Chinese is wildly entertaining.

Indeed.

Completely unrelated to the fame, but the Optimus Prime guitar solo .gif is the best .gif that's ever been .gif-ed.

Also, did Golden Tate just take an interview wearing Google Glass?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Pretty much, yeah.

The guy who, I'm sure is your candidate for best QB ever, didn't fare a whole lot better two weeks ago against a much weaker defense.

He managed to rack up more then eight points, and also has a much more impressive post-season resume then the other guy.

They still beat the Chargers pretty handily (SD needed an onside kick recovery just to make it competitive)... I'll take getting to the Super Bowl versus my team lucking their way into the playoffs.

:lol:

Look See Red, you are easily one of the more tolerable Broncos fans on here. Heck, I'll go further. You're a Broncos fan I don't cringe at whenever you post regarding your team.

That being said, "the Chargers suck" comebacks? You're better then that. I get you're frustrated, but come on. I know the Chargers aren't that good. I know they lucked their way into the playoffs (though I think it's silly to say they didn't deserve to be there, they had to beat Cinci to get to Denver). I've said, both here and elsewhere, that the Chargers just making the playoffs was a treat considering the very low expectations I had for them. So saying "well....well....THE CHARGERS SUCK SO THERE" is just silly. Yeah. They're not as good the Broncos. That's not we're talking about here.

I don't think this was Peyton's fault in the slightest... the referees were pretty forgiving when it came to contact with the WRs, evidenced by the Broncos lone TD and a play a little later on in the game (and frankly, that doesn't bother me as I think the rules favoring the offense are ridiculous), and the Broncos offensive line was horrendous.

I, for one, found the refs' handling of the game refreshing. Pass interference is called way to often these days.

As for Peyton...he was the unquestioned leader of what some were calling the greatest offence in NFL history. And they managed eight points in a game they were favoured to win. It wasn't all on him, obviously. Still, he isn't free from blame either. It was a complete offensive meltdown on Denver's part, and Manning is going to shoulder part of the blame for that.

Well thank you. But come on, you can't poke fun at one team without it being mentioned that they're considerably better than your team, regardless of whether you admit it or not. No? I'm not really frustrated -- the second that ball was snapped over Peyton's head I got a really bad feeling about the game. But like I said, getting that team to the Super Bowl with the injuries they dealt with this season was a pretty incredible feat as far as I'm concerned.

And I think that's the way the game should be called. The rules favoring the offense almost make the game unwatchable. But if Tony Carter gets called for a huge pass interference early in the game and then the Seahawks get a pass on three equally egregious offenses later on in the game, it's at least notable.

Again, the Broncos got completely dominated and those plays are not why they lost or why they got blown out, even, but it didn't help matters.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just to be a strawman dick, I'm getting the impression that Tom Brady, by sheer virtue of being Tom Brady, would've posted a MUCH better night against that brutal Seahawks D, right?

Not that Peyton was particularly good tonight, because he wasn't. Neither was anybody else wearing orange tonight. So, even though I know it's asking too much because football fans are the biggest meatheads in North American sports (I'm speaking in general, not CCSLC-specific), let's really not try to once again drag this into some Tom Brady/Peyton Manning dick-waving contest again. Put Tom Brady under center tonight, the Broncos still get creamed.

spacer.png

Just to be a strawman dick, I'm getting the impression that Tom Brady, by sheer virtue of being Tom Brady, would've posted a MUCH better night against that brutal Seahawks D, right?

Not that Peyton was particularly good tonight, because he wasn't. Neither was anybody else wearing orange tonight. So, even though I know it's asking too much because football fans are the biggest meatheads in North American sports (I'm speaking in general, not CCSLC-specific), let's really not try to once again drag this into some Tom Brady/Peyton Manning dick-waving contest again. Put Tom Brady under center tonight, the Broncos still get creamed.

Hell, put a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/John Elway/Joe Montana/Johnny Unitas/Otto Graham mutant hybrid behind center for Denver and they STILL get the crap kicked out of them.

Hey.

Yeah.

rockimusprime4pwqv1.gif

14 if you count the pick six he threw.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Pretty much, yeah.

The guy who, I'm sure is your candidate for best QB ever, didn't fare a whole lot better two weeks ago against a much weaker defense.

He managed to rack up more then eight points, and also has a much more impressive post-season resume then the other guy.

The 16 points were garbage time points against a defense that was generally regarded as falling somewhere between bad and absolutely terrible throughout the better part of the season (and gave up 48 to the Cowboys). And Brady's postseason resume of late really isn't that great, and the early successes were largely due to New England having an elite defense (I'll remind you that Manning has never had anything that resembled one of these).

Again, I'm not trying to be a whiney Broncos fan because sports really don't mean that much to me anymore to be hung up over this game -- but the Broncos problems in that game went faaaaaar beyond Peyton.

IUe6Hvh.png

Slept through the entire game. Woke up to see Pete Carroll holding up the trophy and no Peyton Manning Is Our God bullcrap. Happy as hell for Seattle fans while simultaneously enjoying all the sadness on social media from Peyton Manning fans.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Basically, whichever team plays better and scores more points is probably going to win.

Super Bowl Stat of the Day: the team with the most points at the end of the game has won the past 47 Super Bowls.

Denver 31

Seattle 14

My Prediction:

Broncos 34

Seahawks 17

Broncos 31

Seahawks 27

dKEuzxx.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh, Brady probably would have gotten dominated too. It's counter factual though. He wasn't under centre for the Broncos. Peyton was. And that's the reality we have to deal with.

As for Manning/Brady? It's an inevitability. He and Manning are the undisputed two best quarterbacks of the current era. Both are, at the very least, in the discussion for best of all time. Comparisons were going to happen, and they have. The knock against Manning in that discussion was that he couldn't win in the playoffs.

This run was supposed to change that. Everyone told me this was Peyton's year. He'd get his second ring. He'd prove all of his doubters wrong. It was his destiny to win this year. It was the best team he'd ever played on. How could they not win? His second ring, when paired with his regular season records, would catapult him over Brady. It was all supposed to lead to that. Peyton's crowning was a forgone conclusion. Well that didn't pan out. It's time to reassess that debate.

It's amazing that 2 weeks ago pundits were talking weather and how it would play a factor. Fast foward to today where it's a nice day in NJ, colder in both Seattle and Denver, and the only danger to a bad game was the Denver offense. I have never in my life wanted to have a sports almanac from the future more than today.

Archived