NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle is an awesome city. I had an offer for an unpaid internship there after college. The unpaid part was what kept me from moving, but I'm kicking myself now.

I'm happy for the Seattle residents and Seahawks fans. You deserve it.

I'm also happy to see some new blood get a Lombardi Trophy.

It is a little sobering seeing just how far away the Eagles are from being true contenders. They had a nice year and looked like they could do good things next year with a few key additions, but they're not even in the same stratosphere as the Seahawks. Even if the old adage is true that the Seahawks aren't this good and the broncos aren't this bad, there is still a much wider gap than I thought.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the Bengals while watching this game. I can't even picture the Bengals as constructed putting up any kind of fight against these Seahawks. Seattle is the whole package.

When you're paying a QB like Russell Wilson, an elite corner like Richard Sherman, and a safety like Earl Thomas pennies on the dollar, like Seattle is, you can build a team a lot deeper than most others. I'm curious to see how they'll fare when they have to pay those guys and they have to sacrifice elsewhere on the roster.

In the NFL, with all the injuries, and every team getting injured as often as they do, it's a huge advantage to have a very good QB on the cheap.

Pennies on the dollar, yeah. Finding gems in the draft helps, too. Chancellor and Sherman in the 5th round, Malcolm Smith in the 7th round, Wilson in the 3rd round. When contracts are up, it will be VERY interesting to see who they can keep and who they will lose.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Alright I'll go out on a limb with my prediction:

Seattle 24

Denver 7

And Bruno Mars chokes halftime away.

You really do live up to your reputation around here.

Aww :censored: off. Just because he didn't pick your favorite team, you're going to give him :censored:?

This reply is not because of WHO he picked, but rather the score he picked.

I didn't say anything to anyone else picking Seattle, because really, it could go either way.

You're mad because of a prediction a 14 year old kid made on the internet? My opinions are my opinion, I'll keep them until I see a better one.

First, I would like to clarify that I wasn't mad at any point, I, at the time, thought it was ridiculous that you predicted that Denver would only score 7 points. That's really the only thing that caused me to comment.

However, my second thing I would like to say is that I owe you an apology. I thought it was ludicrous that anyone would think Denver would ONLY score 7 points, regardless of the final score. Now, they didn't only score 7, but only one more than that, so I'll eat my words, my foot and everything else that happened tonight.

Denver played their worst game of the season on the biggest stage, just tough to swallow and it sucks, but life goes on.

Alright I'll go out on a limb with my prediction:

Seattle 24

Denver 7

And Bruno Mars chokes halftime away.

You really do live up to your reputation around here.

Aww :censored: off. Just because he didn't pick your favorite team, you're going to give him :censored:?

This reply is not because of WHO he picked, but rather the score he picked.

I didn't say anything to anyone else picking Seattle, because really, it could go either way.

You're mad because of a prediction a 14 year old kid made on the internet? My opinions are my opinion, I'll keep them until I see a better one.

First, I would like to clarify that I wasn't mad at any point, I, at the time, thought it was ridiculous that you predicted that Denver would only score 7 points. That's really the only thing that caused me to comment.

However, my second thing I would like to say is that I owe you an apology. I thought it was ludicrous that anyone would think Denver would ONLY score 7 points, regardless of the final score. Now, they didn't only score 7, but only one more than that, so I'll eat my words, my foot and everything else that happened tonight.

Denver played their worst game of the season on the biggest stage, just tough to swallow and it sucks, but life goes on.

Apology accepted.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Does it feel like the January 2003 Super Bowl to you guys?

Considering I was ecstatic that night and, well, not "ecstatic" tonight, no.

God, considering where that franchise is now, I doubt we'd see another Lombardi at the new sombrero until 2018 at the earliest

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

If Infrared is anything like me, I've now learned how to say "ass-kicking" in Russian, Chinese, and Hungarian......

Are you referring to listening to all the Super Bowl feeds on Sirius-XM? Hearing the Super Bowl being called in Chinese is wildly entertaining.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived