Advertising on hockey ice...holy crap!

MG helmets

Looks like a minor league rink. What's the problem?

NHL rinks usually have 4. AHL rinks usually have around 8-10. There are probably 20-25 there.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Isn't the puck gonna be hard to see?

EDIT:Looked at it again, wasn't as bad as I thought.

I've actually played on ice that looked similar to that, although not quite as bad. Before I played on it, I had some concerns, because as a goalie, you need to be able to pick up the puck at all times. But at ice-level, you don't even really notice the things under the ice, especially as the period goes on and ice degrades. The rink that I currently play at has a pretty big logo at center-ice, but it's almost indistinguishable at ice level.

Oulu Energy Arena in Finland will look like this season:

http://l.yimg.com/bt...rts/iccccce.jpg

Come on, man!

Clearly you've never seen a hockey jersey in a European league.

MODO_Hockey_2012_13.jpg

This is a logical extension of the advertising policy for leagues that don't rake in as much money as the NHL. They have to do what they have to do.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If it were me, I would forbid all advertisements on the actual ice. At the center zone, have the team name and arena name scripted by the face-off spots only. And when the playoffs and Cup Final come along, replace the team name with that corresponding event logo.

There. Simple and wine. Why doesn't the NHL get this?

Archived