Attempting to update Denver Broncos D logo

ren69

After reading the posts about the Denver Broncos uniforms/logos being classic. I decided to try my hand at updating their popular D logo. It's basically the same, I just combined the current logo with the old one & made a few mods here n there trying not to change too much. C & C by all means.

DenverBroncos_Dlogo.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is honestly one of the best attempts I have seen at updating this logo. My only complaints would be that the face could be elongated just a little, and maybe adjust the top part of the mane so it doesn't look like a unicorn. Otherwise, great work!

Indeed I always liked the old D logo better then the current logo. In fact I always thought it was one of the best in the NFL. The modern logo is much to plain but I guess it fits in the NFL where simple logos dominate.

As far as your update I like it. I think you did an fine job of combining the current logo with the old D. 9/10

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

I think you've got a good starting point, I'm going to give you some constructive feedback here.

• The mane looks off. Like the horse has a perm or something. Just too many wavy lines.
  • Also, the back of the horse looks like there is a cape or something hanging off of it. Those lines really make no sense on the back of the horse, especially at the bottom.
  • The lines near the 'shoulder' area are too close together.
  • The detail lines going along the upper jaw and down the side of the neck are unusual and could probably just be removed. You could leave the detail along the jaw like the current Broncos logo, but should remove the line going down the side of the neck.

If you need some inspiration, maybe incorporate some elements from the not-often-used alternate logo:

452.gif

I remember that now-banned member Nick1733 made a D logo with this one leaping out of it, but maybe incorporate the hoof shape from it.

VmWIn6B.png

Nice work. Only thing that bugs me is the mane. Looks too curly and not...dynamic(?) like it is on their current logo.

Also that logo in general, the air burst has always look more like either some sort of laser beam shooting out, or something attempting to pick the horse's nose. You really have to examine it to figure out what it is. Maybe find a way to either refine it, or just eliminate it all together.

Overall 8/10.

sig.png

Archived