2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Nice to see one of my friends sign in the NHL. Matt Carey joins the Blackhawks, while his brother Greg signs with Phoenix, and is assigned to Portland

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I mean, I'm not sure what the alternative is to say there. These kinds of games don't exist in the East this season for a few varying reasons, so I'm not sure what else to describe it as.

I meant you saying a game between the two teams tied on top of the Pacific Division with 12/13 games left may help decide who takes the Pacific Division.

Putting your reputation on the line there. :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Helluva job by the Blue Jackets tonight. Beat the Habs in Montreal. Two points I wasn't expecting. It makes that disaster against Carolina Tuesday night all the more frustrating, but they more than made up for it tonight. And now from department of things I never thought I'd say - gotta beat the Rangers tomorrow night.

This is a fun team.

The biggest CBJ game since game 48 last year. I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow.

I'm very confident. It's going to be awesome.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah. It's super fun when the referee blows the whistle for no discernible reason with the puck in midair falling into the crease.

I :censored: ing hate the San Jose Sharks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Helluva job by the Blue Jackets tonight. Beat the Habs in Montreal. Two points I wasn't expecting. It makes that disaster against Carolina Tuesday night all the more frustrating, but they more than made up for it tonight. And now from department of things I never thought I'd say - gotta beat the Rangers tomorrow night.

This is a fun team.

I never like being the team that has to play the second of a back-to-back against a team that's been resting in your city for a day and a half. Add in the late travel last night too.

They've won before in this situation, but I still don't like it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

because Parise is at fault for the Devils not having nearly enough cash to be competitive in that free agent market.

Clowns.

Devils were competitive with their offer. He just got told by his fiance and family to go to Minnesota because he's an easily manipulated child... (And his not-so-secret bromance with Suter)

Either way... last night was the second time he's left New Jersey without winning anything...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't really know what to do with this, so I'll just leave this here.

BjOW8hoIMAA_1-A.jpg

To me that looks to be brutally obvious rReebok teamwear rather than the Kings sweater. The Reebok vector logo on the white is a huge indicator as well as the black numbers, so that's not the worst jersey foul I've seen.

Assuming that's what you where going for :rolleyes:

The black numbered one is a Kings Drew Doughty "black ice" jersey, but a black ice jersey is a foul itself.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

what's the point of a Kings black ice jersey anyway?

"It's like, 'how much more black could this be?' and the answer is 'None. None more black.'"

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't really know what to do with this, so I'll just leave this here.

BjOW8hoIMAA_1-A.jpg

To me that looks to be brutally obvious rReebok teamwear rather than the Kings sweater. The Reebok vector logo on the white is a huge indicator as well as the black numbers, so that's not the worst jersey foul I've seen.

Assuming that's what you where going for :rolleyes:

"Definitely that and not the Ovechkin Kings jersey next to it."

Signed, the guy in the Kevin Durant Lakers jersey.

This is a fun team.

I never like being the team that has to play the second of a back-to-back against a team that's been resting in your city for a day and a half. Add in the late travel last night too.

Yup. Sure hope that was the case tonight. Anyway...

Well, that sucked. Giving up a tying goal just 48 seconds after Foligno put the Jackets in the lead was brutal. Gotta give the Jackets credit though, they didn't let up. They just couldn't put the puck in the net. AT least the Jackets out hit the Rangers by a pretty sizable margin.

Side note that no one cares about: I was surprised by how quickly I turned on the Rangers tonight. I really thought I could pull off the two teams thing. Then the Rangers scored that quick goal, Nash shoved Bobrovsky, a mini-brawl broke out, and I didn't like the Rangers so much anymore. All of a sudden, the team I'd rooted for for 20+ years seemed like a bunch of overpaid goons who act like ass-holes. Guess this "two teams dilemma" thing was never as close as I thought it was. That settles that I guess. B)

EDIT: I was a wreck too, McCarthy.

BB52Big.jpg

This is a fun team.

Yup. Sure hope that was the case tonight. Anyway...

Well, that sucked. Giving up a tying goal just 48 seconds after Foligno put the Jackets in the lead was brutal. Gotta give the Jackets credit though, they didn't let up. They just couldn't put the puck in the net. AT least the Jackets out hit the Rangers by a pretty sizable margin.

Side note that no one cares about: I was surprised by how quickly I turned on the Rangers tonight. I really thought I could pull off the two teams thing. Then the Rangers scored that quick goal, Nash shoved Bobrovsky, a mini-brawl broke out, and I didn't like the Rangers so much anymore. All of a sudden, the team I'd rooted for for 20+ years seemed like a bunch of overpaid goons who act like ass-holes. Guess this "two teams dilemma" thing was never as close as I thought it was. That settles that I guess. B)

EDIT: I was a wreck too, McCarthy.

The Rangers and Blue Jackets could develop a nice rivalry here. I'm glad you've joined the good fight, but it's been mostly pain and joylessness. Almost all of our most memorable games are losses and I'm sick of it. And now the playoffs are in even more doubt and their final 8 games are in the last 12 days. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's hard.

For those that didn't see the game last night they had a nice video tribute to Rick Nash in the first period. He saluted the crowd and their response was mixed, but mostly cheers. Then in the second period he two handed punched Bobrovsky in the face inciting a mini brawl, and then completed the full heel turn in the third by fighting fan favorite Matt Calvert.

If that wasn't enough though, the Blue Jackets were done in with the game winning goal by crappy underachieving former Blue Jackets first round pick bust Derek Brassard because of course. I hate sports. Sports are never fun.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Seriously, who are these guys playing in Flyers uniforms? They beat the Penguins twice last weekend, beat the Blackhawks, Stars, and now the Western Conference leaders the Blues. What an amazing string of recent games.

Archived