2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carey Price has come a long way! He had to put up with the first few years of his career, where he was booed at home, got benched a lot, got overshadowed by Halak, and suffered many poor playoff performances. Kudos to him to sticking through it all. Now he's playing better than ever, and can offer consistently solid performances like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfvK8eKH_-M

If he plays like this in the playoffs, the opposition is gonna have a hard time!

Carey Price has come a long way! He had to put up with the first few years of his career, where he was booed at home, got benched a lot, got overshadowed by Halak, and suffered many poor playoff performances. Kudos to him to sticking through it all. Now he's playing better than ever, and can offer consistently solid performances like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfvK8eKH_-M

If he plays like this in the playoffs, the opposition is gonna have a hard time!

Too soon, man

Jets win, they're not done yet!

Also, I'm gonna take sometime and talk about how happy I am for the Flames right now.

They're one of the worst team's in the league point wise, but lead the league in shorthanded goals and are probably going to have three 20 goal scores (Backlund, Cammalleri, Monahan). The prospect cupboard is filling up and there are some definite gems led by NCAA Scoring Champ, Johnny Gaudreau. The way the young guns are playing of late especially Joe Colbourne and Paul Byron, is really promising for the future and overall the way the team has been playing since the line brawl in Vancouver is really inspiring for the future. Finally, Mark Giordano became Captain taking over from the greatest Flame ever to put on the Flaming C and he's been off the charts. If it wasn't for missing 18 games with a broken ankle, no doubt he would have been on Team Canada and he'd be in serious Norris discussion, only trailing Erik Karlsson and Duncan Keith in PPG by a Defensemen.

Most importantly, when Gio was hurt the Flames went 5-11-2, after what was a kinda good start. With him in the lineup since they're 23-22-5, that's what really sticks out for me. This team doesn't quit and will make the best team's work every night.

So that was the Flames update and it makes me feel good about where the club is headed after what was a pretty bad last few years, at least up stairs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

i miss Christmas. We are now three months removed from our last glorious celebration of our Lord and Savior (shopping), but I cannot shake the urge to reminisce. But it's not just the old eggnog and stale cookies that make the day special. Nor is it the sad, empty feeling I get looking at those Christmas trees and lights, once magnificent and heralding, made to be instantly outdated by the cruel passage of time, WHERE DID THE PRESENTS GO?, are they just memories?, memories floating ephemerally, ceasing to exist once forgotten?, or will the love and thought that went into them outlive the physical beings that spawned them, warming the Earth and nature will an undying hope to last all eternity?

I don't have the answers to these questions. There are, however, some people who have many answers*, the Anaheim Ducks and San Jose Sharks.

Ducks-SS-jersey-Getzlaf.jpg

vs.

logan_couture2.jpg

In honor of the coming of a new season, these two teams will have a little extra spring in their step. They will beat each other, mangle each other's very bodies, virtually gift-wrapping their collective selves, battered and bruised, to the remaining Western Conference teams, who will gleefully feast on their half-eaten carcasses. They will do it in the name of the great sport of football**.

The game is at 7:30, specific time.

*mostly to hockey questions

** actually hockey

i miss Christmas. We are now three months removed from our last glorious celebration of our Lord and Savior (shopping), but I cannot shake the urge to reminisce. But it's not just the old eggnog and stale cookies that make the day special. Nor is it the sad, empty feeling I get looking at those Christmas trees and lights, once magnificent and heralding, made to be instantly outdated by the cruel passage of time, WHERE DID THE PRESENTS GO?, are they just memories?, memories floating ephemerally, ceasing to exist once forgotten?, or will the love and thought that went into them outlive the physical beings that spawned them, warming the Earth and nature will an undying hope to last all eternity?

I don't have the answers to these questions. There are, however, some people who have many answers*, the Anaheim Ducks and San Jose Sharks.

Ducks-SS-jersey-Getzlaf.jpg

vs.

logan_couture2.jpg

In honor of the coming of a new season, these two teams will have a little extra spring in their step. They will beat each other, mangle each other's very bodies, virtually gift-wrapping their collective selves, battered and bruised, to the remaining Western Conference teams, who will gleefully feast on their half-eaten carcasses. They will do it in the name of the great sport of football**.

The game is at 7:30, specific time.

*mostly to hockey questions

** actually hockey

lolwut.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Helluva job by the Blue Jackets tonight. Beat the Habs in Montreal. Two points I wasn't expecting. It makes that disaster against Carolina Tuesday night all the more frustrating, but they more than made up for it tonight. And now from department of things I never thought I'd say - gotta beat the Rangers tomorrow night.

This is a fun team.

BB52Big.jpg

As much as I (we) snipe about the Wings, there is something impressive about hanging in this race and still winning games despite their cavalcade of injuries. Or maybe it's easier for me to say this at this point time because Tampa has had a (maybe brief) cessation of playing like crud. I dunno. I'll stick with the POV that says having Nyquist and Tatar doing what they're doing to keep Detroit's engine trudging along is impressive.

Tonight's Anaheim/San Jose game may just help decide who takes the Pacific. Highly intriguing game.

spacer.png

Helluva job by the Blue Jackets tonight. Beat the Habs in Montreal. Two points I wasn't expecting. It makes that disaster against Carolina Tuesday night all the more frustrating, but they more than made up for it tonight. And now from department of things I never thought I'd say - gotta beat the Rangers tomorrow night.

This is a fun team.

The biggest CBJ game since game 48 last year. I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow.

Also, Pittsburgh, you are just the worst. You've been literally no help against the teams I need you to beat.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As much as I (we) snipe about the Wings, there is something impressive about hanging in this race and still winning games despite their cavalcade of injuries. Or maybe it's easier for me to say this at this point time because Tampa has had a (maybe brief) cessation of playing like crud. I dunno. I'll stick with the POV that says having Nyquist and Tatar doing what they're doing to keep Detroit's engine trudging along is impressive.

Tonight's Anaheim/San Jose game may just help decide who takes the Pacific. Highly intriguing game.

Way to go out on a limb there, Nostradamus.

It's very important. There's also one more game between the two on April 9 in Anaheim.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived