Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

18 minutes ago, Cleveland Fan said:

My other thoughts

Logo - not bad,but the shadow on the nickname is unnecessary.

Home uniform - cap logo is too large, but that's been an issue with Frontier League cap logos for almost two decades (Canton Crocodiles had the same issue), rest of uniform is great

Road uniform - would've preferred a gray jersey with a purple third with "Crushers" on the front, but does anybody in the FL have a gray jersey?, otherwise not bad

Some teams do have grey jerseys (obviously for away). The Crushers use to have pinstripes and a grey vest jersey in the "early"years(2009-2012). 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Gateway and Joliet both have road grays, to my knowledge. I think they might currently be the only ones in the league. Being more of a traditionalist myself, I don't love it, but in indy ball and the low minors...colored jerseys on the road is pretty standard and generally acceptable. Triple-A and even double-A...much different story.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

9 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

@The Mojo Maniac no worries. When our owner talked to me about it, he was expecting people to bash it. Some of the comments on our FB page are mean and we can't control that. I'm more upset for the people that won't give it a chance. The owner stated before that he didn't want to change the colors and uniforms to make a quick buck... He wanted to embrace the identity that was introduced back in 2009. I wasn't expecting anything mind blowing with the logo and I'm very happy with the logo. Like every logo, it has it issues and you can't make everyone happy. I'm looking forward to this season working with them again and I think the fans will warm up to the new identity. 

The identity is okay, but that logo is shockingly amateurish, for all the reasons listed above.  Although I'm not sure that anybody pointed out the letters on the grape's logo are carelessly overlaid without any attempt to make them appear to be part of the cap.

Shame, because the idea is really solid.  But they should have hired a professional artist to render that graphic. 

5 hours ago, The Mojo Maniac said:

Gateway and Joliet both have road grays, to my knowledge. I think they might currently be the only ones in the league. Being more of a traditionalist myself, I don't love it, but in indy ball and the low minors...colored jerseys on the road is pretty standard and generally acceptable. Triple-A and even double-A...much different story.

Yep. This past season, our last home stand we played the Washington Wild Things. I believe they wore their grays, but the next day and the day after that, they wore there red caps and jerseys. Now that created a problem because the Crushers also wore red caps and jerseys. The only difference was the pants... That game was fun and that's kind of what into the rebrand. In the league alone,  there were 4 teams(counting Crushers) that used red and black and the owner wanted to stand out. 

@Gothamite I do wish it was a little bit better, but I'm okay with it. For me, I would rather have a great fan experience than a great logo. I think it works for an Independent League. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

2 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

@Gothamite I do wish it was a little bit better, but I'm okay with it. For me, I would rather have a great fan experience than a great logo. I think it works for an Independent League. 

Well, yeah.  I'd also have a winning team with a bad logo than a terrible team with a great one (and I've certainly been there).  But how fortunate we are that this is not an either/or.  There's no reason the team can't have a great fan experience and a not-embarrassing logo.   They just didn't do that. 

• Like 2

On 3/8/2017 at 2:52 PM, jalpz9 said:

Don't know if mentioned, but AAA EP Chihuahuas will be having Diablos days this upcoming season.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20170227&content_id=217332674&fext=.jsp&vkey=pr_t4904&sid=t4904

diablos_a38sic91_q1a59b3n.png

Too bad the Chihuahuas aren't a Diamondbacks affiliate. If they were, they could have brought these back too:

1e20SQU.jpg

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

20 minutes ago, JaMikePA said:

The Norfolk Tides unveiled a new alt hat and jersey today:

C7IN1d4X0AAfCcx.jpg

C7IN2HyX0AAJats.jpg

C7INzP8XUAITh7u.jpg

I might be going colorblind...but that's totally not green.  It's more of a dark aqua that is a complete ripoff of the Mariners.  

(joke not directed at JaMikePA)

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Brooklyn Cyclones are having another food-related promotion this summer, when they will for one day become the Slices. 

Bridge_Open.gif

These are the uniforms:

UniformsSlices.jpg

And the justification:

BROOKLYN, NY – March 17, 2017 -- In a society with countless choices, and even more opinions, there is one thing that we can all get on board with…pizza is the greatest food of all time. There is nothing that hits the spot quite like a steaming hot slice of cheesy goodness fresh out of the oven. The perfect combination of sauce, cheese, seasonings and crust mixed together into a seamless cornucopia of flavors, there’s nothing better!

But, while we can all agree on our love of pizza, there is a heated debate about the style in which that delicacy is prepared. On Friday, August 4th the Brooklyn Cyclones, Short Season Affiliate of the New York Mets, and the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Single-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, will join forces for a one night only promo in two different ballparks to try and settle the age old debate of who makes the perfect pie – Brooklyn or Chicago.  

At MCU Park on Coney Island, the Cyclones will change their name to the Brooklyn Slices to pay homage to the deep seeded history of pizza in NYC when they take on the Tri-City Valley Cats. The first 2,000 fans in attendance will receive a Slices “Pizza Delivery Cap” so fans can show their support of Brooklyn as the pizza capital.

At TicketReturn.Com Field, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans will be kneaded into “The Deep Dishers” during their game against the Salem Red Sox.  

“Pizza in Brooklyn is more than just food, it’s a religion,” said Cyclones Vice President Steve Cohen. “Everyone has their favorite spot to grab a slice and even if you move away from Brooklyn, you are always willing to make a pilgrimage to that special place and grab a slice of cheese covered perfection. If you ask 10 people in Brooklyn who makes the best pizza, you’ll probably get 10 different answers. But they’ll all agree that Chicago-style pizza has nothing on Brooklyn pizza.” 

As part of the night’s festivities the two ballparks will have a series of competitions between players, front office staff and fans to try and decide once and for all which city can truly lay claim to the title of Pizza Capital of the World.  

"Much has been made about the pizza in both Chicago and New York, and we're always appreciative of a crisp, Brooklyn slice," said Pelicans president/general manager Andy Milovich. "However, Myrtle Beach is independent of each city, and I can confidently say this area has been shown the light on deep dish pizza by our friends in the Midwest. The Chicago artisans have truly perfected the pizza pie." 

For additional information on the night in Brooklyn or to purchase Brooklyn Slices merchandise visit BKLYNSlices.com in the coming weeks. Single game tickets for the 2017 Cyclones season will be available starting Saturday, April 22nd at 10 AM. Full season, partial season and group tickets are currently available by calling 718-37-BKLYN.

Two things:

1. "Brooklyn pizza"?

2.  This would be much better if the two teams were actually playing each other. 

• 1 month later...

In another food promo, the Albuquerque Isotopes will become the Green Chile Cheeseburgers for a day... when they play the Fresno Tacos

C94MT7AVwAAO5Mk.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

8 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

In another food promo, the Albuquerque Isotopes will become the Green Chile Cheeseburgers for a day... when they play the Fresno Tacos

C94MT7AVwAAO5Mk.jpg

I really wish someone would make this stupidity stop.

• Like 1

Has anyone kept track of the food? Fresno grizzlies (tacos)...3 styles too, Lehigh valley iron pigs (bacon and cheesesteaks with and without onions), Richmond flying squirrels (brunch), reading fightins (whoopie pies), Brooklyn cyclones (Coney Island franks and now pizza slices), Albuquerque isotopes (cheeseburgers). Didn't the Toledo mud hens do something with eggs vs the bacon team?

KISSwall09.jpg