NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going out on a limb here but could the shoulder possibly be a homage to playing in a baseball stadium? They would make good cap logos... Like I said, just trying to think outside the box on this one.

That actually seems very logical.

untitled-6.jpg

Orange and silver. Both secondary colors. I suppose seeing the Hawks go with black and the Penguins with Vegas Gold isn't out of the question.

Except that Reebok doesn't use shiny fabric for hockey jersey (at least in the body), so the Penguins jersey would just be tan. Blegh.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Now here's the one thing I really don't get in this Ducks-Kings matchup.

The NHL has been going for this "shiny" image with these chrome logos, right? Well, both the normal versions of the Ducks and Kings jersey crests use a metallic gold and a metallic silver respectively. So, both of these logos are shiny to begin with. And yet, the sublimated chromed up versions on these jerseys look washed out, dull, and not very shiny at all, which kinda sorta defeats the purpose of it all.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Anyone know dates on when the Rangers, Hawks, Penguins and Devils reveals? I know the Devils have pretty much confirmed what they're going with but...

Based on when the Sens/Nucks and Kings/Ducks unveiled their uniforms, my guess is that the Devils @ Rags game on the 7th would be the date. Penguins and Hawks don't play each other until the actual game itself in March (!!!!). They'd probably do that before Christmas.

Jeez, didn't realize how long the wait is before the unveiling. Not surprising we haven't seen anything yet.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

That Ducks shoulder patch.

How cute, Orange County thinks they are people.

I was in class when I saw the Ducks shoulder patch and I burst out laughing. Sorry, Ducks fans.

This is something we're still going to do? OK then. Don't be sorry. I mean why on earth would a team want to appeal to a large majority of its fanbase? The horror!

Well, I thought you guys didn't like being referred to as "The OC" so I didn't expect it to go over too well with Ducks fans.

Well the "uppity" OC people don't like it, the rest of us could care less. We live in Orange County. The problem is not so much being referred to as "The OC", as much as it's in some people's mind being labeled as airheads/stupid people from Laguna Beach, that's the problem.

Right. There's a big difference between simply "OC" and "The OC".

Still, there's no reason to use either. Just say Orange County.

On a shoulder patch?

No, in real life. If you say "OC" in real life, you sound like a noob.

Noob? Really?

OC is an abbreviation no different than calling Los Angeles "LA". I see no issue with that. Do you say UCLA or UC-Los Angeles or University of California at Los Angeles?

"The OC", however, brings a connotation that no one wants to be associated with.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Noob? Really?

OC is an abbreviation no different than calling Los Angeles "LA". I see no issue with that. Do you say UCLA or UC-Los Angeles or University of California at Los Angeles?

"The OC", however, brings a connotation that no one wants to be associated with.

Ottawa City Transpo should take note then.

I was in class when I saw the Ducks shoulder patch and I burst out laughing. Sorry, Ducks fans.

This is something we're still going to do? OK then. Don't be sorry. I mean why on earth would a team want to appeal to a large majority of its fanbase? The horror!

Well, I thought you guys didn't like being referred to as "The OC" so I didn't expect it to go over too well with Ducks fans.

Well the "uppity" OC people don't like it, the rest of us could care less. We live in Orange County. The problem is not so much being referred to as "The OC", as much as it's in some people's mind being labeled as airheads/stupid people from Laguna Beach, that's the problem.

On a shoulder patch?

Saying the word noob, makes you sound like a noob.

jNTsTyQ.png

I can see where the template rumours came from, but I'm happy to see that each uniform we've seen has its own degree of uniqueness to it.

As far as the Kings and Ducks go, but are hurt by the oversized and chrome logos. The Kings' logo looks especially gaudy. Replace those with standard logos? You've got two decent sweaters.

I'm not a fan of the "OC" logo though, and it has nothing to do with trying to start that fight again. I just think that a name or logo based off of a county name is a bit ridiculous. It's the other side of the coin that gave us the "New England" Patriots.

7360A_ADU_Y9ADU_526_MF_1024x1024.jpg?v=1

I just realized why I don't like the Ducks' sweater. It reminds me a lot of the North Stars:

NorthStars17.png

The NHL really doesn't need anymore unoriginal ripoffs of other teams' looks. Also, the "OC" shoulder patch is awkward and way too horizontal.

On a shoulder patch?

Saying the word noob, makes you sound like a noob.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Noob? Really?

Ottawa City Transpo should take note then.

Actually the "OC" in OCTranspo stands for "Ottawa-Carleton" not "Ottawa City". It dates from back when the area was still called the Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton.

Noob? Really?

It would sound really weird to me if somebody told me "I'm going down to OC" or "I live in OC". Most people I know just say "Orange County", as there's no reason to abbreviate it.

Calling a city or a county by it's abbreviated name is stupid, unless it's LA. Wouldn't you think calling San Francisco "SF", or calling Las Vegas "LV", is kinda stupid? I mean it's okay to use on a hat, but if you say "SF" in real life, you're a jackass.

Archived