NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

Pretty sure you're imagining a Rangers blue Winter Classic jersey. I know the Bruins wore their Fenway jerseys indoors at least once, and I believe the Flyers wore what is now their road jersey a couple of times when it was still a WC fauxback.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going crazy...from 2/5/12 at MSG:

138316296_std.jpg

I'm really surprised they let the Rangers wear blue helmets. I know the Colorado Avalanche wanted to wear black helmets both at home and on the road and the NHL denied it to force differentiation between teams. Maybe it's a special thing, like color vs color...or the Rangers didn't want to invest in vintage white helmets...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Pretty sure you're imagining a Rangers blue Winter Classic jersey. I know the Bruins wore their Fenway jerseys indoors at least once, and I believe the Flyers wore what is now their road jersey a couple of times when it was still a WC fauxback.

not exactly a perfect match, but it had vintage white, and nave like the Winter Classics

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/f9ye1yi75vtlfddahfhl5fts0/New_York_Rangers/2011/Alternate_Uniform

Here are some things:

- All Stadium Series jerseys hanging at the NHL Store in NYC, including the Devils jersey in the lower left. If you look closely, there's the CCM logo on the bottom hem. So At least the replicas are confirmed as CCMs just like their other retro jerseys. (And man, does that Islanders nameplate really stick out as being awful.)

image_zpsa807b890.jpg

- Here's the Ducks jerseys outside at some community event they did. These things look better in the sunlight. You also get kind of a look at how the angled numbers "improve visibility" in the top right picture. Slightly bent over, arms forward, (like they would be skating) it makes the numbers vertical.

image_zps34e0e2ad.jpg

- And then finally, here's Viktor Fasth's mask for the Stadium Series. (A mask he won't wear because he still most likely won't be healthy and ready to play by then, nor would he probably play in the game with how Jonas Hiller is going.) It's basically an orange and black version of his Guy Hebert tribute mask from Mighty Ducks Throwback Night. (A game he also didn't play in.)

image_zps32bf9bd4.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Still don't like that line going through the D. I have to admit, other than that the rest of the uniform is growing on me. It looks a lot better from the back than it does the front, and the black side panels actually kinda help there. Other than the crest the only thing that's really bugging me is that hemcut. It's more noticeable than it should be, especially when you think there could have been a hemstripe to make this jersey look a lot better.

I too now see what they were going for with the sleeve numbers, but more often than not the players are swinging their arms around than holding their arms forward and signing t-shirts. It also sort of negates the purpose when the players have their arms held back, like when they're holding the stick or something. And from that angle, Fowler's just going to look like he's got an "h" on his sleeve.

Love that mask though :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

So it's just the Stadium Series logo splayed over an orange helmet... Awful.

Just like the Mighty throwback game, I'd much rather have Fasth's mask on the ice.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Ducks posted Hiller's mask on their Facebook page.

1471074_10152015917223472_457020897_n.jp

Meh.

Love how his mask says "Los Angeles" on it....

Not very good for an Anaheim player....

And as usual, people read too much into something insignificant. What was it suppose to say, "Tokyo"?

The Ducks posted Hiller's mask on their Facebook page.

1471074_10152015917223472_457020897_n.jp

Meh.

Love how his mask says "Los Angeles" on it....

Not very good for an Anaheim player....

And as usual, people read too much into something insignificant. What was it suppose to say, "Tokyo"?

It didn't have to say anything. The mask would be just as good without a city on it. Or it could have said "Chavez Ravine".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So it's just the Stadium Series logo splayed over an orange helmet... Awful.

Just like the Mighty throwback game, I'd much rather have Fasth's mask on the ice.

It has been a trend since the first Winter Classic... the backup goalies invest in the cooler equipment, only for it to never see the ice.

That yellow Kings jersey is perfect. That would add some flare to the league without trying too hard. Or should I say it "did" do that. This was definitely my favorite iteration of the purple / yellow kings.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

They held a celebrity/media game last night on the Dodger Stadium ice, and they wore jerseys that actual teams should have worn:

464535423_slide.jpg

Usually I'm not a fan of the Kings in purple and gold, but this would have been a perfect matchup.

Is that Cuba Gooding Jr.? What the...?

They held a celebrity/media game last night on the Dodger Stadium ice, and they wore jerseys that actual teams should have worn:

464535423_slide.jpg

Usually I'm not a fan of the Kings in purple and gold, but this would have been a perfect matchup.

Is that Cuba Gooding Jr.? What the...?

Yes it is. He thinks he's cool and hangs around hockey, like he's relevant.

Archived