NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

Since the Devils switched to red and black in 1992, they have had a total of 2 jerseys. Home and Away 3 if you want to count the throwbacks that they wore only 3 times but I dont know if you want to count throwbacks. They probably have the scrictest uniform policy in the entire league

You're right. I wonder if that's gonna change, when someone takes over for Lou Lamoriello.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Devils switched to red and black in 1992, they have had a total of 2 jerseys. Home and Away 3 if you want to count the throwbacks that they wore only 3 times but I dont know if you want to count throwbacks. They probably have the scrictest uniform policy in the entire league

I'd vote the Red Wings as equal to the Devils. They may have had alternates, but they were worn sparingly (just about the same number of times as the Devils' alternate) and they've had their current design longer than the Devils have had theirs.

I'd agree with you if not for the fact that they're wearing a cheesy fauxback for the WC.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't think there's a traditional home-road share for outdoor games because of how the league is involved in them. I believe it's technically a neutral site.

Perhaps, but in reality, one team is only selling 40 home dates and the other is selling 41. That actual home team has to be compensated somehow.

- I like those arms numbers, nice idea.

- Those zigzag stripes looks strange to me.

- That Islanders logo is great to the point I'd use them for the Brooklyn move.

Overall, I like this serie, bringing something different then their regulars, in terms of design is fine.

Saw one up-close on the walk to work today. Those angled sides are really noticeable from the back.

20131226_114419_zpshjlro0hr.jpg

You also notice that the Stadium Series jersey doesn't include the Stadium Series patch. You get an empty shoulder instead. The league shield is now glued on the neck instead of sewn, and the neck laces are actually two small pieces of lace sewn to the inside of the neck area.

$150 blank, $180 with name & number (but doesn't include a C or A on the front). Buy it if you hate having money.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is the NHL selling the Stadium Series patch separately? That's gotta be at least another $20 or so on top of that.

Relevant to your interests, TeamLAStore.com is offering to sew the Stadium Series patch on for an additional US$22.94. They're selling blank Ducks replicas for $160.54, or customized ones for $229.35. Obscene.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is the NHL selling the Stadium Series patch separately? That's gotta be at least another $20 or so on top of that.

Relevant to your interests, TeamLAStore.com is offering to sew the Stadium Series patch on for an additional US$22.94. They're selling blank Ducks replicas for $160.54, or customized ones for $229.35. Obscene.

I have a phrase in mind and it rhymes with "Clucking Bell".

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Always appreciate a Black Adder reference... As for staying on topic, what's the point in purchasing a special event jersey if it doesn't come complete with what makes it a special event jersey? If it was a "regular" alt jersey with a special patch, that's one thing. But this isn't...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I was looking to get a Pens one for my jersey collection, but I hear there are no authentics (like the light blue first winter classic run) and especially if it doesn't come with anything that signals it's special. Right now it's just a fashion jersey :( Maybe it's only in replica so when the screen print numbers fade, it'll match the washed out chrome logo???

KISSwall09.jpg

Always appreciate a Black Adder reference... As for staying on topic, what's the point in purchasing a special event jersey if it doesn't come complete with what makes it a special event jersey? If it was a "regular" alt jersey with a special patch, that's one thing. But this isn't...

Because maybe some people don't want the patch. I was going to go sans patch, until I realized it was on the shoulder, then I added it. I found out with my Kopitar Stanley Cup jersey, that the Cup patch is just annoying to me on the chest. The Kings will also be wearing theirs a second time, for the last home game, so I'm thinking this will be their new 3rd jersey next year.

You seriously paid $250 for a screenprinted replica jersey?

Yeah, based on your report of them, that's really disappointing to hear.

I wanted to get a Ducks one. (Love the orange, and I have every Ducks jersey, so I need it :lol: ) But your in person description is definitely making me hold off. (Also I like how the Chicago/Pittsburgh game is a month after the Ducks/Kings game, but Hawks actually have the physical jersey in the store to buy, but the Ducks and Kings only have preorders. And that's the other thing, I'm not going to buy one unless I can see it and judge if I want to spend the money on it. Not sight unseen.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

You seriously just typed that? Why do you care? I guarantee there are probably 100 if not more things that you buy that I or someone else thinks is a waste of money. So, until you can prove that everything you've purchased no one will question, don't question what others buy with their money.

You seriously just typed that? Why do you care? I guarantee there are probably 100 if not more things that you buy that I or someone else thinks is a waste of money. So, until you can prove that everything you've purchased no one will question, don't question what others buy with their money.

How much are they going to change though?

Not enough that the configuration for hockey will still be off center and there will still be curtained off seats. But even still the Barclays Center is a state of the art arena with all the amenities.. luxury boxes, restaurants, etc.. that the Islanders need and couldnt get in Nassau. It made no sense to build a brand new building in Nassau and they couldn't continue to play in the Colosseum. So despite the weird seating arrangement Barclays center is still an perfect move for them, not to mention they get the added value of playing in a real city instead of the suburbs and all the media and potential fan base that comes with it. Their only mistake was not making that decision 2 years earlier so barclays could have been designed with hockey as a priority with basketball .

FWIW, I heard rumblings a couple of weeks ago that there's an "alternate seating plan" for the renovated Coliseum that would seat 15,000 (instead of the expected 13,000) just in case Brooklyn doesn't work. Don't know how true that is, or if it is true when they'd have to decide what plan to use, but I thought it was interesting.
Yeah, I'm going to go with "not true" on that one. I know leases are made to be broken, but you don't sign ludicrously long ones if you're working on a Plan B.

Archived