NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at least the yoke doesn't contrast so the ridiculous design doesn't stand out.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

My Devils are the last ones and I agree I wouldn't expect the Devils to make any big on unveil; not the Devils style. What apparently is going around is that it will be basically the red and green Saint Patty's Day unis with the chrome Devils logo. Nice to see the Rags will be dressed in a sub par uni versus us. Love that the Devils will be the home team in Yankee Stadium. I know its because the Rags can't be the home team outside of the Garden but its extra sweet because Lou is part of owner of the Yanks and follows their hard line on tradition, success, and facial hair even though their methods of building teams couldn't be any different. He even has a ring from the 2009 WS. No small coincidence that the Yanks and Devils success have almost paralleled one another over the last 20 plus years and have been models for success.

Rangers:

- Basically the Lady Liberty theme without Lady Liberty. (Navy blue, same stripes, chrome details) I think somebody else said it right calling it the New York Wolfpack. I mean look:

Grachev,_Heikkinen,_Sanguinetti.jpg

- I like the New York instead of the shield to keep with tradition, but with the details it really does remind me of those Buffalo 9/11 jerseys.

- Side panels are garbage. They should have gone with the Penguins/Kings/Hawks hemstripe with the armstripe.

- I'm really over the shoulder cap things. This is the worst use of them. Maybe I'm just tired of seeing them on three previous jerseys already (including a team they're playing in the Islanders) but it's probably my least favorite Stadium Series element.

Blackhawks

- Oh my MEH.

- I mean... we've seen this jersey before. It's the old black jersey just with Stadium Series quirks. It's fine I guess.

- Man this Chicago game is going to be dull to look at. White/Black vs Black. Woo.

- And just like Pittsburgh's, the crest with the screen-printed... err. sorry... print/embroidery/high-resolution fusion technology just looks washed out .Especially against the black background.

Also, someone is really going to have to explain how the tilted arm numbers are supposed to "improve visibility in outdoor venues." How is a slanted number more visible than a straight-up number? I don't get it.

And the uniforms "utilize colors within the team's existing color palates." WOW! Fascinating! What a revolution in jersey design! Such a modern and dynamic approach! WOAH! <_<

---

Today's unveilings get a big ole fat MEH from me. Whatever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Chromifying the logo was the perfect chance to fix the problem of the modern Indian head on a black background. Guess they were too busy making the jersey lighter by making the numbers on the back larger to address that. Whoops.

See you on the clearance racks next summer, boys,

Oh, and any time the Rangers don't vertically-arch their player names, it means they screwed up.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

the crest with the screen-printed... err. sorry... print/embroidery/high-resolution fusion technology

Haha, I know, right? Who knew that replicas were the vanguard of design?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looking at the crap other teams have unveiled, I'm glad the Kings didn't cave in to Reebok's big ideas. As much as I don't like the black/silver color scheme on the Kings, it's the only Stadium Series sweater that looks like it could be a full-time set, chrome and all.

What. Apart from a lack of side panels, the Kings' jersey has the entire Stadium Series schtick. Enlarged back numbers? Check. Slanted sleeve numbers and sleeve stripes? Check and check. Terrible yoke? Check. Angled hem stripe? Check.

They definitely caved to Reebok.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the crest with the screen-printed... err. sorry... print/embroidery/high-resolution fusion technology

Haha, I know, right? Who knew that replicas were the vanguard of design?

It's dumb. I already hated the plastic shoulder patches on the replicas, but now it looks like they're just going to make it all plastic and call it an authentic. Crest/patches/NOB/numbers. We're a half-step away from making the damn stripes plastic. If authentics are going to be plastic, I fear what the future of replicas are. (Especially if stay check the same price level.)

Looking at the crap other teams have unveiled, I'm glad the Kings didn't cave in to Reebok's big ideas. As much as I don't like the black/silver color scheme on the Kings, it's the only Stadium Series sweater that looks like it could be a full-time set, chrome and all.

What. Apart from a lack of side panels, the Kings' jersey has the entire Stadium Series schtick. Enlarged back numbers? Check. Slanted sleeve numbers and sleeve stripes? Check and check. Terrible yoke? Check. Angled hem stripe? Check.

They definitely caved to Reebok.

Exactly. How did they stand up to Reebok? Hem stripes? Chicago and Pittsburgh got those too.

I agree that the Kings are probably the only one that could be a full-time set and that the chrome actually works there a little with what's supposed to be metal crown. But it's no less Reebokked than the rest.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived