NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

Thing is the Blackhawks are named after a military unit named after a person. The name has very little to do with the colour black.

I don't mind if they have a black alternate uniform but that red jersey is good enough that they don't really need one. If they were to replace the red jersey with a black one full time, the name would sort of lose its meaning. They're not the Black Hawks. At least, not anymore anyway.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is the Blackhawks are named after a military unit named after a person. The name has very little to do with the colour black.

I don't mind if they have a black alternate uniform but that red jersey is good enough that they don't really need one. If they were to replace the red jersey with a black one full time, the name would sort of lose its meaning. They're not the Black Hawks. At least, not anymore anyway.

Yeah that's a likely story. Next thing you're going to say is that the Browns aren't named after a color...

The reds are part of the experience of going to a Hawks game at the UC these days. If I were going to my first game I'd be sorely disappointed if they wore anything but that.

The Blackhawks might be the best argument for dark at home these days.

Tthe Blackhawks might be the best argument for white at home these days.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah that's a likely story. Next thing you're going to say is that the Browns aren't named after a color...

Either way, with a vague and abstract name like the Browns it's not like there's much else you can do.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The whites are the best in all of sports

The only real argument for this is that those white jerseys have been re-used in different colors by teams in pretty much every league on the continent. I dare say it's the most used jersey pattern in hockey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The whites are the best in all of sports

Seriously though, the red jerseys are so much better than the whites. The white jerseys are fine, and I don't want them changed, but they can't hold a candle to the reds.

The reds are great. So great that they shouldn't have an alternate preventing us from seeing it any of the 41 home games each year. I used to think the whites were just average, but I've grown to like them a little more over the past year.

The black jerseys have never been good. I'd say they were below average in the league at best when they were around and that's a shame considering they took the spot of the red jerseys that's the best in the league. The red stripes were hard to see against the black jersey and the hair on the crest blends right in the jersey. I'm glad those are gone.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The black jerseys have never been good. I'd say they were below average in the league at best when they were around and that's a shame considering they took the spot of the red jerseys that's the best in the league. The red stripes were hard to see against the black jersey and the hair on the crest blends right in the jersey. I'm glad those are gone.

Problem solved:

Blackhawks42.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's literally in the second paragraph of their Wikipedia entry...

You do realize that Wikipedia is not the best source of information because any moron can edit it, correct? So just because it's on Wikipedia, does not make it true. But, even if they were named after a military unit or person, whatever that story is, it has black in the name, and therefore logically, they should have a black jersey.

You do realize that Wikipedia is not the best source of information because any moron can edit it, correct? So just because it's on Wikipedia, does not make it true. But, even if they were named after a military unit or person, whatever that story is, it has black in the name, and therefore logically, they should have a black jersey.

you do realize that wikipedia was true in this case, the owner was a commander in the 86th Infantry division (the blackhawk division) and that division was named after the Sauk indian Blackhawk who was also prominent around illinois

Agreed. Wings white v. Hawks red > Wings red v. Hawks white.

On the more modern side, I think the Jets' and Stars' whites are both stunners, and both better than their color counterparts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived