Good uniform matchups that DO NOT feature Original 6 teams

habsfan1

I think Minnesota's original away edge jersey is better than their current away. Also I think that Avs jersey is the most underrated jersey in the league.

No way, every time I see those new aways, I mention how nice they look. They're a perfect hockey sweater and fit the team so well.

Big fan of both, and I think the new jerseys are terrific; however, is it the same green? The old whites seemed to look dark/hunter green on TV. The new ones, in certain arenas, look muddy or almost-black. Does anyone agree?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion?

453849117_slide.jpg

Nobody said that the Canes white are not nice, it's just that they're a downgrade from the unique identity of the old canes. But they're still nice to watch.

The Preds' yellow, however, sucks. Yellow's too dark for my liking.

Ducks_Kings_NetCam.jpg?m=1268859143

This picture just makes me sad, two teams with wholly original and attractive looks. Watch this matchup today and it might as well be broadcasted in Black and White...
Yep, I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing when I posted it. How the mighty have fallen.

This picture just makes me sad, two teams with wholly original and attractive looks. Watch this matchup today and it might as well be broadcasted in Black and White...
Yep, I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing when I posted it. How the mighty have fallen.

I'd replace those "crown" sweaters the Kings had for these:

kings98.jpg

Now these were the perfect compliment to Anaheim's "Disney-duck" jerseys before the Samueli era. Why the Kings switched their "shield" with the "crown" as the primary logo in 2003, I'll never know.

Anyway, I've grown accustomed to this specific adoration:

169604774_std.jpg

Kings-v-Sharks-4.jpg

Then the Sharks tweaked their sets, making the current jersey matchup a little less exciting for me.

I'd replace those "crown" sweaters the Kings had for these:

kings98.jpg

Now these were the perfect compliment to Anaheim's "Disney-duck" jerseys before the Samueli era. Why the Kings switched their "shield" with the "crown" as the primary logo in 2003, I'll never know.

To sell more jerseys. Either way, the Kings need to bring those jerseys back, I don't care which logo they put on the front.

^^^ That is nice, but I wish the green on the yokes and the pants was closer to what the green on #25's gloves looks like. Not as light as Dallas, but lighter than what they wear.

Reason #12,195 why I'm glad to be a uniform nerd: I can instantly tell that there are only two seasons in which this matchup could have been played with those uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived