Have the Cowboys ever worn dark jerseys at home?

otero1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a reason they're breaking tradition today? I know they've worn throwback blue and double star blue at home, but since I've been watching football (late 80s) I've never seen them wear their regular dark uniform in Dallas / Irving / Arlington.

To make up for the fact they cant wear their retro jerseys, so they went with the navys

Really hate Dallas' standard navy jerseys. The offset outline doesn't work and I hate that the sleeve striping isn't the same as the whites.

I'm also of the opinion that Dallas should stick with white at home. Dallas in white jerseys looks good and is what Dallas should look like. Maybe a few tweaks to perfect the look, but stick with white.

In what way?

Here's what they've been wearing, and what is listed as "official":

DallasCowboys_UNS0201b_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I'm trying to find a close-up pic, but on TV, it looked more like their standard wordmark.

Really hate Dallas' standard navy jerseys. The offset outline doesn't work and I hate that the sleeve striping isn't the same as the whites.

The offset outline is supposed to stylistically match the double outline on the star, I believe.

The Cowboys should be forced to wear the blu at home, they are nothing special.

The hell they should.

Besides, they're not the only team that wears white at home. They can wear whatever the hell they want.

Why SHOULDN'T the Cowboys wear blue at home? Because most teams wear their dark jerseys at home, the Cowboys wear white on the road AND at home (because of tradition). When do they ever have an opportunity to wear their blue jerseys?!

An opportunity?

You say that as if they WANT to always wear them. If that were the case, then they wouldn't designate white for home.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

What do the fans want? Growing up as a Skins fan during the Joe Gibbs era, I hated that we rarely saw them wear their burgundy jersey at all. Most seasons, the only time they wore it was in Dallas, because the Cowboys wear white at home. Now, the Skins wear their beautiful burgundy jerseys regularly. Maybe the fans are tired of seeing the white jersey at home.

I may be in the minority here but I'm not a huge fan of the navy jerseys. They look really 90s to me.

As much hate as the home whites get, I kinda like them. Growing up watching the cowboys, it's just a very iconic look for me, despite all it's flaws.

With that being said, I wouldn't at allve opposed to them going with a aquaish silver and a unique shade of navy. (btw, the above posted dark royal would look really similar to another NFC east team) I'd also like to see them go back to their old number font and lose the black trim on the sleeves. Add some matte pants to match the helmet but give an old school vibe and you got a winner...for me at least.

Is there a reason they're breaking tradition today? I know they've worn throwback blue and double star blue at home, but since I've been watching football (late 80s) I've never seen them wear their regular dark uniform in Dallas / Irving / Arlington.

To make up for the fact they cant wear their retro jerseys, so they went with the navys

That doesn't naked sense though, since it's not like they have to wear a non-white jersey on thanksgiving. It's not like they were out of options. Unless they are just he'll bent on using the spotlight to model some gear that they want to sell more of.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That doesn't naked sense though, since it's not like they have to wear a non-white jersey on thanksgiving. It's not like they were out of options. Unless they are just he'll bent on using the spotlight to model some gear that they want to sell more of.

I think they had submitted to the league they were wearing navy throwbacks and didn't want to wear them without the white helmets.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think they had submitted to the league they were wearing navy throwbacks and didn't want to wear them without the white helmets.

They could of done the same thing the Bucs did against the Cardinals.

Seek and find time! What is wrong with this picture?

Dez+Bryant+Oakland+Raiders+v+Dallas+Cowb

the upper part of the 2nd "8" in 88's jersey is whack

i thought #88 was retired by the cowboys for michael "the original rob ford" irvin ???

#88 is and will never be retired as long as Jerry Jones is there. He wants to keep the tradition of great receivers wearing #88, Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin, and now Dez Bryant. That's not me saying, that's Jerry's rule. Now if there are other 88's that have been worn by guys who suck, well, sometimes following tradition sucks.

I'm also of the opinion that Dallas should stick with white at home. Dallas in white jerseys looks good and is what Dallas should look like. Maybe a few tweaks to perfect the look, but stick with white.

Actually, the Cowboys do NOT look good in white jerseys at home, or for that matter anywhere They get stale looking at them after a while. I was really happy the Cowboys decided to wear their normal blue jerseys (not the throwbacks) at home. Hopefully, after their win yesterday they will start wearing them more often at home, maybe at least 2-3 games at home for a season. The white at home mentality the Cowboys have used for more than 40 seasons gets really old after a while.

That was the case since you have to declare jersey colors before the season and the helmet ruling came after IIRC. Jim Nance explained it that way during the game except he said the problem was that the throwback helmets "weren't up to standard." Yeah, no.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That was the case since you have to declare jersey colors before the season and the helmet ruling came after IIRC. Jim Nance explained it that way during the game except he said the problem was that the throwback helmets "weren't up to standard." Yeah, no.

If they wore the throwbacks with the silver helmet, it would've sucked just like it did in 1994. Either throwback proper or don't do it at all, and I think the Cowboys recognized that.

LhI7DWf.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Jim Nance was right though. The standard the NFL put in place for helmets were not met by the throwback helemts. So yeah. I am glad they didn't go with the regular helmet and the throwback

Go A's!

Archived