2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

Greece penalty was clearly a penalty.. not sure what cha'll are talking about. Dissapointing result though, because other than Samaras, Greece is a very boring team to watch. Ivory Coast on the other hand... very exciting team. Tough to see Drogba's squad falter in another world cup.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greece and Uruguay are the ANYONE BUT THEM teams in the round of 16.

Seriously, what an utterly horrendous day of reffing.

Greece is unwatchable and Uruguay is unlikeable.

Black eye for soccer.

Next time I hear anyone complain about NBA refs, remember this day.

Not having seen it, my translation of that is "a team that I don't like got through--must be the ref's fault!"

He's been complaining about Uruguay constantly after both their wins, so you are pretty much spot on.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

As someone in road maintenance who has East LA in his coverage area and doesn't want to see more freeways closed and mounted sheriff officers keeping crowds flooding the streets at bay for hours, I have three words...

Hup. Holland. Hup.

VmWIn6B.png

Any Suarez ban better include the remainder of the tournament (wishful thinking) otherwise there's no real point...unless he get the 2 year ban (again, wishful thinking) which would include the 2016 Copa America Centenario.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Boy I picked a day to move from my apartment didn't I.

1. :censored: Greece. Leeches on the international community and they play hideous soccer to boot.

2. Ivory Coast needs to ask Ghana how much their witch doctor costs to rent next World Cup.

3. Italy's apparently looking for a new choreographer coach.

4. Yay Americas.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

With the whole Suarez biting affair, I am hoping he will get banned for the remainder of the World Cup. FIFA can also take retrospective action with a further of 24 matches or two (2) full calendar year for repeat offences as bad as what he did. Hell, Alexandre Song got three matches for violent conduct (elbowing in the back). What do you think Suarez will get? As well, The FA and Liverpool will be keeping a close eye on the preceedings as well as his behavior when the PL starts up again in August.

As for Greece, they are simply atrocious to watch. They use to be really good to watch, especially in the early 2000's and in EURO 2004. Now it's just a joke. Samaras is by far their best player, though he plays for a club that has to start their UEFA Champions League campaign in the Second Qualifying Round v 2013 Icelandic champions Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (KR) in mid-July.

Feel bad for Cote d'Ivoire but they were poor throughout the group stage. No sympathy for them at all.

As for England, what else can be said. The best youth in England couldn't score against the Costa Rican reserve side. Good job Hodgson on that forward positive attitude and cautious approach. Lets hope we will see something more attacking and creative for EURO 2016 qualifying.

Looks like FIFA has officially charged Suarez w/ biting...now we wait for the punishment.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

-I was thinking a one year suspension for Suarez now they're talking possibly two years.

-Just seeing Sepp Blatter on television makes me ill.

-Definitely rooting for Colombia & Costa Rica in their respective matches against Uruguay & Greece in the Round of 16.

I won't begrudge Greece advancing, on account of the fact that one of their players looks uncannily like my brother. It amuses me every time they're on the telly. :P

And that was a beautiful free kick by Messi.

Even though they're losing, if the scores hold, Nigeria's going through. Who would'a thought they would be the only African team advancing to the knockout round?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

-I was thinking a one year suspension for Suarez now they're talking possibly two years.

-Just seeing Sepp Blatter on television makes me ill.

-Definitely rooting for Colombia & Costa Rica in their respective matches against Uruguay & Greece in the Round of 16.

Ditto to all of your points.

Archived