College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

BjrgfG0CIAAaXfQ.jpg

So does the camera require that big battery box on the back? If so I think they need to toss these and call the old WLAF camera guys.

This is what the Vision helmet looks like from behind.

rTulTlk.jpg

They should just screw a go pro to the top of the helmet and call it a day.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but go the "let's wait til we see it on the field first" approach with this helmet. I remember the Revo Speed really turned some heads but it slowly became so commonly used that fans just began to run with it.

Let's not forget the idea that these helmets were supposedly designed for player safety first, aesthetics second. That's worth a shot.

Midway.png

Finally a decal whose placement may not upset some in here:

BjrFDg5CAAA3OLq.jpg

Horrible helmets. Out of control. Eventually someone is going to break a finger off getting it stuck in one of the many holes on the helmet and then there will be a huge push to go to a revolutionary smooth helmet with no ridges or gaps.

BjrFDg5CAAA3OLq.jpg

Horrible helmets. Out of control. Eventually someone is going to break a finger off getting it stuck in one of the many holes on the helmet and then there will be a huge push to go to a revolutionary smooth helmet with no ridges or gaps.

There's holes in all of the helmets. I've played for 16 years and never once got a finger stuck in a helmet and doubt it will happen with this one

BjrFDg5CAAA3OLq.jpg

There's holes in all of the helmets. I've played for 16 years and never once got a finger stuck in a helmet and doubt it will happen with this one

Yeah getting a finger pinched in a face mask was the worse that ever happened to me.

BjrFDg5CAAA3OLq.jpg

Had a friend get his pinkie finger caught between the double bars in a facemask years ago so the finger catching danger has been around for decades. Broke the tip of the bone so bad he lost the tip of his finger. And yes there's also a story about the same thing happening to Ronnie Lott in the late 80's.

I agree. This is just terrible. The weight on the back of the neck is going to be a deterrent. Has the NCAA said that it can be worn during the regular season?

That is a valid point. Simpson made his his football helmet as light a possible. He said weight was a big contributing factor to concussions and all the major helmets were too heavy

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

BjrFDg5CAAA3OLq.jpg

Well I broke my finger in an earhole playing football in high school so it does happen. Obviously helmets have always had holes but the more you add, the better the chance of an injury occurring. Especially when adding more holes in combination with ridges. Too much.

This was tweeted about the Illinois rebrand:

"@ALionEye Heard more whispers about the Nike rebrand. The rumors of an alternate white helmet are apparently true. It's real, and it's spectacular."

I think a white helmet with a stripe of that pattern on the basketball uniforms a few years ago would be pretty sweet.

This_is_Illinois_Basketball_by_mossawi.j

"@ALionEye Heard more whispers about the Nike rebrand. The rumors of an alternate white helmet are apparently true. It's real, and it's spectacular."

I think a white helmet with a stripe of that pattern on the basketball uniforms a few years ago would be pretty sweet.

They've been showing recruits that for a year or so now. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's what we'll be seeing.

Illinois.png

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They've been showing recruits that for a year or so now. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's what we'll be seeing.

Illinois.png

That's a shame because those are some good looking helmets. I love that they used a grey face mask as well. It really makes them look sharp.

Archived