College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

LSU had their spring game today and were using the updated tiger head logo on the helmets. But, according to a local newspaper reporter, it's only a "one day appearance."

@MHarrisAdvocate 1m

Confirmed: The updated Tiger head logo is making a one-day appearance on the #LSU helmet. #minutiae #noghostoftoonces

BkefRfoCIAAVu48.jpg
For the life of me, I just can't understand what was so wrong about "Toonces" and what's so appealing about both versions of this logo. The old version was a horrid blob of colors, the cleaned-up version looks morbidly obese.

That was my first reaction too, why is the Tiger so fat?

It has a double chin.
You all do know tigers have manes right? That's why he looks "morbidly obese"

its not very good but thats what you get when you polish a turd. technically its a bit better and will reproduce cleaner but its still an ugly logo.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU had their spring game today and were using the updated tiger head logo on the helmets. But, according to a local newspaper reporter, it's only a "one day appearance."

@MHarrisAdvocate 1m

Confirmed: The updated Tiger head logo is making a one-day appearance on the #LSU helmet. #minutiae #noghostoftoonces

BkefRfoCIAAVu48.jpg
For the life of me, I just can't understand what was so wrong about "Toonces" and what's so appealing about both versions of this logo. The old version was a horrid blob of colors, the cleaned-up version looks morbidly obese.

That was my first reaction too, why is the Tiger so fat?

It has a double chin.
You all do know tigers have manes right? That's why he looks "morbidly obese"

Yeah I agree, that's a pretty normal look for a snarling/growling tiger. I think this pic shows that pretty well:

tiger_zps7c7af752.jpg

I still think that logo's massively overrated, "tradition" be darned. Even when looking at that picture as an example, there's a pretty clear distinction between the jaw and the mane, which is something that the logo completely fails to include. Where there should be lines to set apart the mouth from the rest of the logo, there's nothing but large black blobs. It's just a bad logo that needs to be cleaned up and re-thought. When you look at that picture, it's clear what they were going for when it was created, but it's also clear that they missed the mark, which is excusable for that time. But having a logo that looks that bad in 2014 is embarrassing. As an LSU student, I hate the ugly thing.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Miami tweeted this out today. It's just a cleat pictured, but who knows how far they go with it.

Bkqg43YIYAAAYgQ.jpg

black primary uniform. Calling it right now, but I hope I'm wrong. It could just be a blackout uniform or adding black as an accent color

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Miami tweeted this out today. It's just a cleat pictured, but who knows how far they go with it.

Bkqg43YIYAAAYgQ.jpg

black primary uniform. Calling it right now, but I hope I'm wrong. It could just be a blackout uniform or adding black as an accent color

Not sure if a black primary uniform in hot/sunny/humid South Florida would really be the best thing to promote, unless they went to night games exclusively. I'm thinking they stick with orange and green.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Bkqg43YIYAAAYgQ.jpg

Not sure if a black primary uniform in hot/sunny/humid South Florida would really be the best thing to promote, unless they went to night games exclusively. I'm thinking they stick with orange and green.

Miami Northwestern wears all-black at home a lot of the time these days so it must not be too bad. Now I'm not sure how often the play during the day versus night but I know the highlight videos I've watched of our guys from Northwestern have day games in them so they do happen occasionally.

05preps.600.jpg

Well looks like we will FINALLY have some new uniforms to talk about this week...

So thats Arkansas, Florida State, Miami, and Miss State all dropping new stuff this week?

Any bets on what songs these reveals will use? I PRAY TO GOD they retire that song that was in all of the addidas ones last year

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Miami had a Twitter poll a while ago and all it said about black was should they keep white cleats (um, yes with orange) or return to black (which I guess won). In another story, they said there will be a white, orange, and gray/smoke jersey for sure. I would rather have White, GREEN, and orange jersey, but that makes too much sense. Nike loves GFGS lately, but I wouldn't rule out black because the basketball team has White, Orange, Green, and a BFBS. We'll see what actually shows up on Saturday.

On a related note, how can the Canes (and other teams) wear dark jerseys at home, but the Dolphins insist on white because of the humidity?

KISSwall09.jpg

im gonna guess they will have a night game..and will title it "U-NIGHT" (Nice play on words there and maybe thats what the logo is pointing at?) for their night game, similar to UNC and their Zero Dark Thirty slogan

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I thought the current theme for Miami revolved around hurricane clouds, what with the infusion of grey and whatnot. Unless they're playing off a different idea, you'd think they'd know that smoke is generally associated with burning fumes, not water vapor.

Midway.png

Mississippi State

BkuKWGJCMAAcMcy.jpg

My money's on this being a special (possibly throwback) uniform for the 100th anniversary of Davis Wade Stadium. It could be a completely new set, but I don't think that is coming until 2015.

They also tweeted out a teaser for a new baseball uniform to be revealed on Thursday. Looks like a white jersey with number on lower right side, likely MS logo in upper left-

F907FFE8-FB20-4E17-838E-AC5611D97BAD.jpg

Archived