All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

There is something that is wrong about having Arena Football in a full size stadium. :oops:

Based on the hockey setup at the ATT Center, you wouldnt like Arena Football there
AT&T Center also hosts the Stock Show and Rodeo. It could easily fit Arena Football. Alamodome is simply cheaper to rent.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been inside but I walked past and all around the alamo dome. It really seems dumpy and certainly not ready to host a major team, like people were advocating for when the Saints were possibly having to move.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've never been inside but I walked past and all around the alamo dome. It really seems dumpy and certainly not ready to host a major team, like people were advocating for when the Saints were possibly having to move.

It's very utilitarian. Not awful but very meh.

If an NFL team had moved there when it opened it would be agitating for a new stadium.

If an NFL team had moved there when it opened it would be agitating for a new stadium.

"Meh" goes for the whole city, not just the Alamo Dome. I drove from Austin to SA, and for as much as I was pleasantly surpised by Austin and absolutely loved it, I was equally as disappointed by San Antonio. It's not "bad", but "meh" should probably be the new city motto.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Meh" goes for the whole city, not just the Alamo Dome. I drove from Austin to SA, and for as much as I was pleasantly surpised by Austin and absolutely loved it, I was equally as disappointed by San Antonio. It's not "bad", but "meh" should probably be the new city motto.

Downtown - with the river area and the Alamo - is nice but the rest is just sprawl. Not much to it.

Downtown - with the river area and the Alamo is nice - but the rest is just sprawl. Not much to it.

Yeah I'd agree with that. The thing with the river area is that it's only people in town for conventions that actually hang out there, and the little bars and restaurants there seem pretty much set up specifically to cater to conventioneers (sp?) and the few tourists that go there. I mean yeah it's "nice", as in pretty and clean, but totaly devoid of any personality and charm. The "real" downtown was lights out and asleep by 10 PM on a Saturday night.

Downtown - with the river area and the Alamo is nice - but the rest is just sprawl. Not much to it.

Yeah I'd agree with that. The thing with the river area is that it's only people in town for conventions that actually hang out there, and the little bars and restaurants there seem pretty much set up specifically to cater to conventioneers (sp?) and the few tourists that go there. I mean yeah it's "nice", as in pretty and clean, but totaly devoid of any personality and charm. The "real" downtown was lights out and asleep by 10 PM on a Saturday night.

I was expecting a city with real TexMex charm but it all seemed forced and touristy. Very plastic and manufactured.

I,wouldn't describe it as manufactured for tourists. For chrissakes you have cholos shanking each other in the Rivercenter Mall, which is a 1/4 mile from the top convention hotel in the city (Grand Hyatt)...and you pass a pair of huge Marriotts on the way!

Having spent a ton of time there over the past six years, it is nice for conventioneers every fifth year or so. Just nothing endearing other than the Riverwalk, and you have to deal with the vast homeless population. Some good restaurants can be found.

Let's see what the restructuring of 281/E Market does for Dome transportation, because it's a pain in the balls to get there from downtown with it torn up. And it's a complete ghetto east of 281/Dome/Sunset Station...whether you're Caucasian or Mexican, don't let the sun go down on your ass over there.

I will say the airport is very efficient, especially now that the T2 construction is completed.

Real Philadelphians use cheese wiz on their dicks. He must not be from here.

You're right, we should probably start a new thread to discuss which cheese is the most popular to rub one out with in each city. I'm betting in St. Louis it's blue.

You're right, we should probably start a new thread to discuss which cheese is the most popular to rub one out with in each city. I'm betting in St. Louis it's blue.

Provel = Processed cheese heaven. The reason St Louis style pizza is the best ever.

Provel-Cheese.jpg

and to stay on topic hockey in a Roman amplitheater in Pula, Croatia

Awesome-Look-of-hockey-in-a--Roman-amphi

eishockeycracks_statt_gladiatoren_pula20

Shredded cheese? Interesting. I guess you could dip your balls in it while you take care of business with a fleshlight or something. Guess they like it kinky in STL.

On topic - I saw several of those coliseum type structures in Europe last year. I was standing next to one in Verona peeking in and wondering if it was structurally sound enough to host an outdoor basketball or hockey game, then I read about the game in Croatia. I don't geek out about things like that normally, but that had to be a hell of an experience, despite the fact that it was probably super uncomfortable and filled with porta potties and vending carts.

Off topic - never heard of that cheese, or St. Louis style pizza. Gonna have to find me some. Hopefully it won't turn me into a slack jawed cardinals lover.

Any cheese will do in Milwaukee... just as long as it's from Wisconsin and not California. :D

Speaking of Milwaukee, here's a rare glimpse of the college football setup for County Stadium. It was used by both Marquette and UWM's football teams at various points, and the smaller crowds those teams drew allowed them to erect temporary seating in the outfield.

FB_Milwaukee_County_Stadium_nd_1.JPG

Any cheese will do in Milwaukee... just as long as it's from Wisconsin and not California. :D

Speaking of Milwaukee, here's a rare glimpse of the college football setup for County Stadium. It was used by both Marquette and UWM's football teams at various points, and the smaller crowds those teams drew allowed them to erect temporary seating in the outfield.

FB_Milwaukee_County_Stadium_nd_1.JPG

If I'm not mistaken the Packers played at county as well...

Anubis.png

Archived