All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

Really want to blow your mind? Check out Yankee Stadium right now.

A hockey rink on top of a football field on top of a baseball field.

463339563_10_slide.jpg

Also, here's a look at Dodger Stadium:

462842535_slide.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a rendering from tonight's University of Minnesota hockey game...it's gonna be cold.

TCF-Bank-Stadium-Rendering.jpg

Went to the game, it was a fun experience but outdoor hockey is whoreable if you actually want to watch the game.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Here is a rendering from tonight's University of Minnesota hockey game...it's gonna be cold.

Went to the game, it was a fun experience but outdoor hockey is whoreable if you actually want to watch the game.

Interesting. The ladies must have a good time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ricoh Coliseum underwater for the Toronto Boat Show.

1559760_10152008829575777_700034388_n.jp

TBS-%2BIndoor%2BLake%2B1.jpg

2008-01-18-wakeboarding-0033S.jpg

toronto_wat.jpg

Reminds me of the stories of the Roman Coliseum when they flooded it and staged water battles. Now that was multipurpose

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

In honor of the Metrodome as it was deflated earlier today.

Yeah it wasn't fancy, but probably one of the most utilized stadiums in history.

It hosted MLB, NCAA football, NFL, NBA for a year, several NCAA tournaments, all the usual stadium shows, college baseball and high school baseball all winter long (sometimes until the wee hours of the night), and it was opened in winter for rollerblading and running. Minneapolis will miss it until its replacement is built.

I wish Memphis and the FedExForum would open up the building in the summer as a running track when it's 105 degrees here.

One other similar situation I encountered on my stadium travels was Parkview Field in Fort Wanye, IN. The stadium was open daily for joggers and runners. They even opened a food cart at lunch and people would come, have lunch, and then walk a few laps around the stadium to burn off some calories. Genius.

2320-20metrodome20rf20hr20upper20panaram

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Shibe Park used by the Eagles from 1940's to 1957. (I got these pics from this site)

Shibe%2BPark%2B1940-57.gif

Is it just me, or would that be awesome if they made a new stadium similar to this? The design on the outside is awesome.

I wish I could have seen Connie Mack stadium in person for that very reason. It really had a great exterior design. Plus they had Wrigley style rooftop seating in the neighborhood. The actual dimensions of the stadium would never fly today though.

The Phillies claim to have used it as inspiration for the arches in the exterior brickwork of CBP, but it's not even a little bit close. I think they just made stuff up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I went to the Winter Classic this year and I actually had a pretty nice view of the rink from my seat. That said, people don't go to outdoor games to watch the hockey, they go for the experience.

Also, here's a look at Dodger Stadium:

462842535_slide.jpg

It's funny because I went today to the stadium to see the rink being made, and the security guards restricted all fan access to the team store on Top Deck. That's it. Normally during off-season hours, fans could at least sit in the Top Deck seats, but not even those seats were open for visitors.

I asked a worker on why the seats were closed, and they basically said (to paraphrase) that the NHL is renting Dodger Stadium for the event.

Here I'm thinking, "since the NHL is known for being a league run on stupidity and the absurd, how much did Bettman pay to rent Chavez Ravine?"

AT&T Park home of the San Francisco Giants hosting the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. To me this is unique due to the fact that both teams are on the same sideline during the game.

3145080117_5837616263_b-750x563.jpg

The California Redwoods UFL team used to play at AT&T Park, they did not pull the stands on to the field, I did not know they could do that!

npo_logo.png

AT&T Park home of the San Francisco Giants hosting the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. To me this is unique due to the fact that both teams are on the same sideline during the game.

The California Redwoods UFL team used to play at AT&T Park, they did not pull the stands on to the field, I did not know they could do that!

Because to construct and dismantle those temporary seats costs $70k per event and the UFL wasn't getting that at the gate

Because to construct and dismantle those temporary seats costs $70k per event and the UFL wasn't getting that at the gate

Nor did the UFL need the extra seats.

"Used to" is a charitable term. They played exactly 2 games at AT&T Park (and one at Spartan Stadium in San Jose) before decamping for Sacramento the next season. Neither game in SFO drew over 7,000 people ANNOUNCED.

The fly-by-night nature of the UFL just may have killed off any chance of the NFL having competition in our lifetimes. The terms "embarrassment", "sham" and "disgrace" don't go far enough to describe that league.

I've seen this in a couple of those games with both teams on one sideline, if the purpose of putting them both on one sideline is so that the people in the low sections of the stands can see the field, doesn't putting all these ads and dozens of media personel on the other sideline kind of defeat the purpose?

The old Metropolitan Stadium was multi-purpose. Football teams sat on the same side of the field. Vikings' games from the 70's always looked good on tv with the cold, mud, and snow.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived