All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

You're right, we should probably start a new thread to discuss which cheese is the most popular to rub one out with in each city. I'm betting in St. Louis it's blue.

Any cheese will do in Milwaukee... just as long as it's from Wisconsin and not California. :D

Speaking of Milwaukee, here's a rare glimpse of the college football setup for County Stadium. It was used by both Marquette and UWM's football teams at various points, and the smaller crowds those teams drew allowed them to erect temporary seating in the outfield.

FB_Milwaukee_County_Stadium_nd_1.JPG

If I'm not mistaken the Packers played at county as well...

They did, but I do not believe they utiilized the temporary bleachers in LF.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, we should probably start a new thread to discuss which cheese is the most popular to rub one out with in each city. I'm betting in St. Louis it's blue.

Any cheese will do in Milwaukee... just as long as it's from Wisconsin and not California. :D

Speaking of Milwaukee, here's a rare glimpse of the college football setup for County Stadium. It was used by both Marquette and UWM's football teams at various points, and the smaller crowds those teams drew allowed them to erect temporary seating in the outfield.

They did, but this is the rarely-seen college grid. The field markings are different, and the Packers (at least to my knowledge) never added seats in left field.

A guy named after cheese showing up to post about which cheese is the best to masturbate with is great. This guy's the Giant Pacific Octopus of cultured milk products. Dare I say a poster to watch in 2014?

Off topic - never heard of that cheese, or St. Louis style pizza. Gonna have to find me some.

JESUS CHRIST NO DON'T DO IT

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

what kind of turf was used for the boardwalk bowl?

I'm pretty sure it was regular grass that was grown outside, then moved indoors... much like the Silverdome for the 1994 World Cup.

They did, but this is the rarely-seen college grid. The field markings are different, and the Packers (at least to my knowledge) never added seats in left field.

Looking at the pictures, this had to be taken in the early-to-mid 1950s, just before County Stadium underwent its many expansions. 1976 was the year that the third base side of the stadium was finally completed.

Wow, I never knew both Marquette and Wisconsin-Milwaukee had football programs at one time. Did they ever play each other? (in what I'd assume would have been a rivalry game)

Hotter Than July > Thriller

How is it that Milwaukee never scooped the Packers away from GB? You'd think that back in the 60s a team like the Packers would have been ripe for the picking by a much larger neighbourhing city.

(Note that I don't necessarily wish that it had turned out that way... I just find it pretty amazing that it didn't.)

How is it that Milwaukee never scooped the Packers away from GB? You'd think that back in the 60s a team like the Packers would have been ripe for the picking by a much larger neighbourhing city.

(Note that I don't necessarily wish that it had turned out that way... I just find it pretty amazing that it didn't.)

They almost did. County Stadium was built with the idea of not only luring baseball but also the Packers to Milwaukee. The city of Green Bay built Lambeau Field to replace City Stadium in the 50s.

Archived