All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

I never knew baseball was played at Franklin Field.

In person, it's such a cool looking old stadium, and I love how it's smack in the middle of Penn's historic campus and also modern development.

I love the backdrop of the scoreboard too.

franklin_field.jpg

Kinda unrelated, but here's their softball field (and the field one of my leagues uses). It's "in the shadow" so to speak of Franklin Field.

N-Penn-Park-472x295.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something that is wrong about having Arena Football in a full size stadium. :oops:

New Orleans Night (Arena Football League) in the Superdome:

That is probably literally the worst team name I have ever heard. Seriously. "Night"? So collectively the team forms one night? How do they do that? And even if they were the "Nights", so each individual player was a "Night", how does that work? Each player is a period of time? Does that mean they don't play well in afternoon games? Is this name supposed to be intimidating, like dark and mysterious? That couldn't make less sense.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That reminds me of a high school my team had played. I never found out if they were the Nights or Knights, but at the beginning of the game the PA announcer yelled "iiiiiiiit's (k)night timeeeeee!" when the players ran out. Me and my friends just calmly looked at each other, looked up at the moon, and said "yes, yes it is".

I never knew baseball was played at Franklin Field.

In person, it's such a cool looking old stadium, and I love how it's smack in the middle of Penn's historic campus and also modern development.

I love the backdrop of the scoreboard too.

franklin_field.jpg

Kinda unrelated, but here's their softball field (and the field one of my leagues uses). It's "in the shadow" so to speak of Franklin Field.

N-Penn-Park-472x295.jpg

What does the building that the scoreboard sits on function as?

Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall set up for the Albany Devils

IMG00015-20100824-1101.jpg

4cf43d86f08cc.image.jpg

You just made me think of this. Boardwalk Hall held a bowl game at one time.

ACBoardwalkBowl.jpg

ac-boardwalk-bowl-blog-edit.jpg

That was the 1964 Liberty Bowl between Utah and West Virginia. The game had been held at Philidelphia in previous years and at has been held at Memphis ever since.

4cf43d86f08cc.image.jpg

ACBoardwalkBowl.jpg

Being only about an hour away from Atlantic City, I have been there hundreds of times. When you look at boardwalk hall, you think it's so small. It's amazing that it can hold sporting events like that.

N-Penn-Park-472x295.jpg

That'd be a fun place to play softball. Great backdrop.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4cf43d86f08cc.image.jpg

ACBoardwalkBowl.jpg

kinda reminds me of the Kibbie Dome that U of Idaho plays in. Goal posts mounted on the wall. They also host track, basketball and Volleyball for sure. Worked a game there with Louisiana- Monroe football.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

N-Penn-Park-472x295.jpg

That'd be a fun place to play softball. Great backdrop.

I liked playing there a lot more when I lived within a short walk! Actually it was kinda frustrating, since it's a women's softball field, it's a litle too easy for guys to hit home runs, even in freezing weather - and we play with wood bats. It's part of a huge recreational complex that they built in between the river and campus - soccer fields, flag football, etc. There's also a heated "bubble" that us used for rec soccer and modified softball - it's played with a larger and slightly softer ball, so I guess they can play in a smaller facility because I guess the ball can't be hit as far or something. Never actually tried it myself.

195.jpg

Totally off topic, here's the park near my new house in South Philly. Not visible but just to the right are the "famous" cheeseteak places that are always on TV.

Capitolo_email.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anybody know the official seating capacity of Idaho's Kibbie Dome? I have a hard time believing they've maintained the minimum attendance requirements for Division 1 FBS football.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Does anybody know the official seating capacity of Idaho's Kibbie Dome? I have a hard time believing they've maintained the minimum attendance requirements for Division 1 FBS football.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived