NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Brooklyn Nets Aba Fauxback sleeved jerseys or "shirtseys" went on sale 2 days ago.

http://www.complex.com/style/2015/01/exclusive-brooklyn-nets-throwback-uniforms

izrphyoggj7fqxwvrgcs.jpg

gsygkvlvgk3ivtvo2mwl.jpg

rvienx1chwuh0pumisi3.jpg

iiy2oku0fxttqyqavsvx.jpg

The sleeves need to go away, but those are so good that you wonder why they didn't go with them in the first place (yeah, I know the answer is "extra merchandise sales," but still...).

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

They should have just went with straight throwbacks like the ones they wore about 10 years ago. These would have looked so much better:

Kidd600.jpg

I think throwbacks with this same cut and design in black and white would be awesome.

Plus, I'd love to see other Nets' black and white versions of these ...

deron_williams_nets_by_rhurst-d3a9epa.jp

Nets-35-year-run-in-New-Jersey-ends-R61B

10868272-large.jpg

I actually...like the Warriors jerseys? I think the slate actually works here since the red and yellow stand out so much. It'd almost work as a Chinese national team jersey so it at least accomplishes that. And I've always been the oddball proponent of the Warriors having some red element in their identity since it'd pair up so well with the Golden Gate Bridge.

But death to sleeves. Forever and always.

The Warriors' original colours in the Bay Area were gold. blue and red, so it's a nice (if probably unwitting) nod to the team's history too...

Team specific uniforms for the Rising Stars games:

H3gkHK6.jpg

Oh boy...

Good design concept, wrong elements and execution.

I actually really like these ... for a one off I think it's fairly creative. I do wish the black jerseys had less or more subtle lights on the cityscape.

This would have been MUCH better for the ASG instead of the crap we have now.

Team specific uniforms for the Rising Stars games:

H3gkHK6.jpg

Oh boy...

Good design concept, wrong elements and execution.

I actually really like these ... for a one off I think it's fairly creative. I do wish the black jerseys had less or more subtle lights on the cityscape.

This would have been MUCH better for the ASG instead of the crap we have now.

I agree i really LOVE these as a one off jersey. Would have been better for the main AS game. Props to for no sleeves!!
shado_logo.gif

I guess it's for fashion reasons but the ASW gear appears to be based more on the Nets than Knicks identity. Even the ASG uniforms reflect the past and the presence of the Nets (at least at the colour level). It appears that orange is not new black actually.

I guess it's for fashion reasons but the ASW gear appears to be based more on the Nets than Knicks identity. Even the ASG uniforms reflect the past and the presence of the Nets (at least at the colour level). It appears that orange is not new black actually.

Well the Challenge will be played in Brooklyn.

Does it say Warriors? I'm not a fan of the number placement but not sure where else it could go.

It's the correct translation for some news outlets, but technically it translates as "Braves."

warriors_zps9p2odywe.jpg

Well...

ZDkpBuI.jpg

And also, the Warriors name is derived from the idea of native american warriors

See, a little detail like this at least reminds me that some really detail-oriented people DO work at adidas which makes their other consistent aesthetic choices so infuriating. Choosing letters that happen to mean "warriors" AND "braves" simultaneously is a REALLY cool touch.

thats just how the chinese language works. 勇士 is warrior in chinese (obviously) but if you seperate the words, 勇 means courage or brave and 士 means person/man/guy/dude. Put them together you get warrior.

Why not take the opportunity to use one-off fashion jerseys for a game nobody cares about? I think it's great, and just about the only way I'd pay any attention to the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Compass Rising Stars Challenge anyways. (btw, only two Canadians on the World Team? I hope we eventually get a U.S. vs. Canada All-Star Weekend game, with the flood of all these draft picks from up north.) Would I get a Trey Burke (fellow alum) or Steven Adams (favorite current team) jersey? Probably not, but that's because I've never been a city boy and can just pick up Burke in Michigan-esque blue and yellow instead (Utah's road).

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Well the Challenge will be played in Brooklyn.

I agree but the ASG uniforms are also black and white although the game takes place at MSG. I suppose red and blue details are just NBA colours but the only Knicks bit are the block numbers (which are not exclusively theirs anyway).

Archived