NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

A few weeks back the Wizards have hired Wale to be their "creative liaison".

And evidently he's talking with fellow rapper, Kanye West, about designing new uniforms for the Wizards.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/01/21/wale-says-hes-talking-to-kanye-about-designing-new-uniforms-for-the-wizards/

Hopefully any recommendation by Wale to the Wiz regarding uniforms thought up by him and Kanye West would be met with a pat on the head and a "sure we'll think about it" and then uproarious laughter once Wale leaves the room. Wale's one job and one job alone as "creative liaison" should be using whatever pull he has to grease the skids to get Kevin Durant in a Wizards uniform (untouched from the current set, of course) in 2016.

Eh, I wouldn't mind if Wale + Kanye took a stab at a "pride uni", as long as the primary home and road unis were unchanged. If Wale wants to hook the team up with Madness Hats or other DMV-influenced design cues for a night or two, it wouldn't bother me. I don't think Dallas was too worse the wear for the Diddy-designed Mavs unis -- and that was back when teams only got to pick one alt (if memory serves).

The Wizards are my favorite team; I'd like to see them go into next season with 4 unis (home/away/alt/pride) + whatever "special night" kits are reserved for the teams the league has decided to push that year.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I hope Wale only helps on an alternate uni, and not a completely new set. The Wiz current set of unis is easily Top 10 in the league at the moment.

Second this.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Minus one on that. Even if a league with some awful jerseys, I don't think the Wizards are in the top ten. The new set just seems to be trying too hard. It's trying to be the classic Bullets set, but it's not succeeding. It seems very forced, particularly with the side piping-turned-stripe-turned-star-turned-W.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

B7_5kUgIQAA8O8P.jpg

Hmm. I didn't fully appreciate the fact that the East's shorts are trimmed with three *black* stripes instead of royal. I didn't mind the use of black for the side panels, but I think the black stripes on the shorts don't work.

And that's putting aside Adidas' obligatory and obnoxious use of three stripes.

A few weeks back the Wizards have hired Wale to be their "creative liaison".

And evidently he's talking with fellow rapper, Kanye West, about designing new uniforms for the Wizards.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/01/21/wale-says-hes-talking-to-kanye-about-designing-new-uniforms-for-the-wizards/

Hopefully any recommendation by Wale to the Wiz regarding uniforms thought up by him and Kanye West would be met with a pat on the head and a "sure we'll think about it" and then uproarious laughter once Wale leaves the room. Wale's one job and one job alone as "creative liaison" should be using whatever pull he has to grease the skids to get Kevin Durant in a Wizards uniform (untouched from the current set, of course) in 2016.

I don't know why any team would let Wale be in charge of anything, but Kanye will/would do a great job with uniforms. He knows what he's doing as far as design goes and has a good design team working with him on various projects.

B7_5kUgIQAA8O8P.jpg

Hmm. I didn't fully appreciate the fact that the East's shorts are trimmed with three *black* stripes instead of royal. I didn't mind the use of black for the side panels, but I think the black stripes on the shorts don't work.

So what ad is going above that giant 2?

B7_5kUgIQAA8O8P.jpg

when they first unveiled these I didnt mind them, I liked the big number on the front.....but seeing them all together and on a player, they look horrible. Complete mess. I hate the back with the first and last name also. Why does Adidas insist on doing stuff like that?

I like the first and last names on the back. My logic is that there'll be a fair amount of casual fans watching, so they can look at a guy and say "Who was that player with the monster jam? Oh hey, that's DeMarcus Cousins. I should watch him play more." (And you should watch him more, he's going to be a top three center very soon.)

As for no identifying mark on the front, it reminds me of when a player does a commercial for a local car dealership or burger joint, or when a video game or trading card company gets a player or players' union likeness rights, but not the league's rights for logos. Just generic all around.

2002-nba-all-star.jpg?w=641

Okay so my logic on adidas using both the first and last names is to give a subtle nod to the all star uniforms above, and the layered wordmarks. The white uniform especially is almost a throwback to these uniforms, and the name over and under the number reminds me of the "NBA" and "ALL-STAR" that were featured on these uniforms. So in that respect I am a big fan of the uniforms, even with the black and white adidas stripes at the bottoms of the shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2002-nba-all-star.jpg?w=641

Okay so my logic on adidas using both the first and last names is to give a subtle nod to the all star uniforms above, and the layered wordmarks. The white uniform especially is almost a throwback to these uniforms, and the name over and under the number reminds me of the "NBA" and "ALL-STAR" that were featured on these uniforms. So in that respect I am a big fan of the uniforms, even with the black and white adidas stripes at the bottoms of the shorts.

Nope. I don't see it. And this is not subtle at all. It's basically this.

o-KRIS-KROSS-RAPPER-DEAD-facebook.jpg

There's just something about taking all the attention away from the team name and making it all big on the player's name that doesn't seem right.

Go A's!

There's just something about taking all the attention away from the team name and making it all big on the player's name that doesn't seem right.

That something is called "an NBA All-Star Game." Sorry that the proper respect isn't being shown to the institution that is the Eastern Conference.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

B7_5kUgIQAA8O8P.jpg

when they first unveiled these I didnt mind them, I liked the big number on the front.....but seeing them all together and on a player, they look horrible. Complete mess. I hate the back with the first and last name also. Why does Adidas insist on doing stuff like that?

I'll admit I'm also part of the group that thought these looked a lot better when we just saw the initial pics.

Archived