NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

1415wallpaper_BlackTie_Wade_03_1366x768.

Drop shadow on the number is a big detraction. I don't hate it, but it's probably my least favorite sleeveless jersey they've ever worn.

Edit: http://gohe.at/BlackTieIntro

Three stripes on the shoulder.

There's way too much visual clutter on that uniform. Congrats Miami. You managed to make the most basic colour scheme out there overly-complicated.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I get it now. The side panels are suppose to represent a Tuxedo.

They don't bring to mind a tuxedo for me at all...

agreed.

if the top and shorts side panels would have been perfect triangles tapering down, then it would be reminiscent of the portion you see of the white shirt under a black jacket.

1415wallpaper_BlackTie_Wade_03_1366x768.

Drop shadow on the number is a big detraction. I don't hate it, but it's probably my least favorite sleeveless jersey they've ever worn.

Edit: http://gohe.at/BlackTieIntro

Three stripes on the shoulder.

This seriously might be the worst uniform in NBA history. The only thing that could have made this any worse would be sleeves. Other than the lack of sleeves, there is literally zero redeeming qualities here.

Way to go, Adidas, you've really outdone yourselves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Bulls are wearing their old Black Alts w/o Pinstripes. Looks like they are shelved.

Also, the stripes in the jerseys looks mismatched with the shorts. Pure WTF moment.

461798728-derrick-rose-of-the-chicago-bu

I noticed that. For some reason, they switched the trim. They used to use the same trim as on the white jerseys, and now they're using the trim from the red jerseys. However, they didn't update the shorts to match the striping of the red jerseys. Hopefully this was a Adidas blunder that they will get fixed soon. Unless the rules changed, they're required to wear the alternates 10 times per season, so maybe Adidas had to rush these and messed up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

A few weeks back the Wizards have hired Wale to be their "creative liaison".

And evidently he's talking with fellow rapper, Kanye West, about designing new uniforms for the Wizards.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/01/21/wale-says-hes-talking-to-kanye-about-designing-new-uniforms-for-the-wizards/

Hopefully any recommendation by Wale to the Wiz regarding uniforms thought up by him and Kanye West would be met with a pat on the head and a "sure we'll think about it" and then uproarious laughter once Wale leaves the room. Wale's one job and one job alone as "creative liaison" should be using whatever pull he has to grease the skids to get Kevin Durant in a Wizards uniform (untouched from the current set, of course) in 2016.

90758391980.gif

Wait, so did the Heat get customized warmup jackets to match their "black tie" pride unis?

10890841_1523007154647501_1865408489_n.j

PACIADBGCDNLOEMO.jpg

It doesn't vary too much from a standard Adidas template, and the three stripes are by far the boldest design element. But it's definitely not one of the standard jackets every team has been forced to wear this season:

PACIIDGHJKFJMHKL.jpg

The black tie unis themselves are horrible. But I don't mind the jacket. And, more importantly, if this one-off warm up is a sign that Adidas is finally letting teams customize other parts of their game day gear, then that's a good thing. I certainly miss the days when teams had control over the design of their warm ups.

Archived