NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Why not take the opportunity to use one-off fashion jerseys for a game nobody cares about? I think it's great, and just about the only way I'd pay any attention to the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Compass Rising Stars Challenge anyways. (btw, only two Canadians on the World Team? I hope we eventually get a U.S. vs. Canada All-Star Weekend game, with the flood of all these draft picks from up north.) Would I get a Trey Burke (fellow alum) or Steven Adams (favorite current team) jersey? Probably not, but that's because I've never been a city boy and can just pick up Burke in Michigan-esque blue and yellow instead (Utah's road).

Actually, if Olynyk doesn't recover in time, there will only one left. But, to be honest, neither Bennett nor Stauskas deserve selection.

If Canadians grow stronger, we will rather have North America vs. the World.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of NBA LIVE 15..the Nets and Bulls "new alternate jerseys".

1422626518-media.jpg

I guess that Adidas removed the pinstripes at the last minute and tweaked the uniform a bit. If they didn't then pinstripes would've been in the game version.

derrick%20rose%20and%20his%20chicago%20b

previous

chicago-bulls.jpg?w=594

2015 updated version without the sleeves

462153764-derrick-rose-of-the-chicago-bu

2015 updated version with the sleeves

So it looks like the video game version combine elements from the new sleeved and regular alt.

shado_logo.gif

Team specific uniforms for the Rising Stars games:

H3gkHK6.jpg

Oh boy...

Good design concept, wrong elements and execution.

I actually really like these ... for a one off I think it's fairly creative. I do wish the black jerseys had less or more subtle lights on the cityscape.

This would have been MUCH better for the ASG instead of the crap we have now.

I agree i really LOVE these as a one off jersey. Would have been better for the main AS game. Props to for no sleeves!!

Seeing all these different wordmarks this year with those basic Nets jersey numbers is going to be whack. Should've kept the concept and coloring and left the team specific number fonts.

Courtesy of NBA LIVE 15..the Nets and Bulls "new alternate jerseys".

1422626518-media.jpg

I guess that Adidas removed the pinstripes at the last minute and tweaked the uniform a bit. If they didn't then pinstripes would've been in the game version.

derrick%20rose%20and%20his%20chicago%20b

previous

chicago-bulls.jpg?w=594

2015 updated version without the sleeves

462153764-derrick-rose-of-the-chicago-bu

2015 updated version with the sleeves

So it looks like the video game version combine elements from the new sleeved and regular alt.

The All Star Game Court also showed up - It's essentially the Rockets two-toned wood court in black trim.

I do like the subway tile around the ASG logo tho

EDIT: Court overview

https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/561289401800871936

Closeup of subway tile trim around logo at center court.

https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/561287660355223552

NYCdog.png

Yeah, everything matched tonight. Still wish the area around the Bulls logo on the shorts was white instead of black, and also the waistband with matching trim (instead of all black).
462544068-jimmy-butler-of-the-chicago-bu

The All Star Game Court also showed up - It's essentially the Rockets two-toned wood court in black trim.

I do like the subway tile around the ASG logo tho

EDIT: Court overview

https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/561289401800871936

Closeup of subway tile trim around logo at center court.

https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/561287660355223552

Terrible.

But why doesn't the jersey have their first name above the number?

Team specific uniforms for the Rising Stars games:

H3gkHK6.jpg

Oh boy...

Good design concept, wrong elements and execution.

Why does the grey shirt look like a wife beater shirt to me?

I love throwbacks

51584062.jpg462763556.jpg

Excellent. That picture also shows me how much better the Pistons looked in the old set, rather than the "updated" version. And that's what modern sports design has left us with - swapping out good looks for abominations, then returning the team to a bastardized, modernized and stripped-down version of the old look which isn't nearly as good. The bold block numbers were much better for the Pistons, but even more so the colored waistband and the collars.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I love throwbacks

51584062.jpg462763556.jpg

Excellent. That picture also shows me how much better the Pistons looked in the old set, rather than the "updated" version. And that's what modern sports design has left us with - swapping out good looks for abominations, then returning the team to a bastardized, modernized and stripped-down version of the old look which isn't nearly as good. The bold block numbers were much better for the Pistons, but even more so the colored waistband and the collars.

"... swapping out good looks for abominations, then returning the team to a bastardized, modernized and stripped-down version of the old look which isn't nearly as good..."

At least the Pistons/Sixers/Rockets/Jazz returned to their old colors, though there are fans who clamor for the Grant Hill/Allen Iverson/Barkley/late-Malone era teal/black/striped/mountains jerseys. Waiting for the Hawks uniforms to come all the way back to the Human Highlight Film years jerseys (the Pac-Man is a good start), and waiting for the Sonics to come back altotogether. (Not too fond of the Nuggets revamp, either.)

"...but even more so the colored waistband and the collars."

Same goes for the missing waistband for the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, Bulls (the new black shorts), and to a degree, the Raptors.

The Bulls one is really disappointing. I wonder if we'll ever find out what the hell happened with their alts this year. They were supposed to change back to the pinstripes, then they didn't but they inexplicably dropped the waistband and switched the trim to that of the red jersey, even though it looks awful on black. Oh, and the diamond which is inexplicably black. I mean, did they start making the pinstripes, then realize they couldn't get the stripes right, and say "Uh, I guess we've got to change something"? It looks AWFUL, and it breaks with the continuity of their two classic jerseys in the diamond and blank waistband.

The Jazz returned to their old logo, but they didn't go back to their old colors. They swapped in navy for purple, and the new look is terrible because of it. Also, they used a darker green, and the forest green with navy makes an ugly, dreary mess. I mean, this look might be closer to "Jazz" than the navy and light blue trash, but it still blows. As for the Hawks, that's what we'll be seeing - a Dominique-ish set which half-asses it, unnecessarily modernizes things and ends up falling short of what they were going for. The Suns are another example of about the worst botch imaginable with a team going back to a great former look. They made black the primary, darkened the purple, darkened the orange, and made an absolutely horrendous jersey design which would look bad even if it was in their old shade of purple. They would have been much better off just going back to the Barkley set, but they had to "modernize" it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived