2014 MLS Changes

kw11333

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Union's reveal had their Name/Number colors looking quite a bit different from the rest of the jersey.... the team store has a cleaner match though... Overall I like it... it looks like the Union, and to me thats the most important thing.

Bh7TsdyIEAAwZQR.jpg

When I first saw it on my Facebook page, I didn't like it. But it's grown on me a lot. I'm going to my first Union game on the 29th and I'm wondering if I should purchase one of these or wear my old inaugural season one.

I tnk the pinstripes look good. A definite upgrade from the last set. It's just too bad that with that center stripe design it'll be seemingly impossible to get a good looking sponsor logo that doesn't hurt the look. Of course, something other than a red, white, and blue logo would really help. I just wish every team did as good a job of incorporating their sponsor logo as SKC has done.

From the Fire's release:

http://m.chicago-fire.com/news/2014/03/release-chicago-fire-soccer-club-unveils-2014-primary-kit

This years look is inspired by the fire trucks of City of Chicago, said Mike Walker, global product manager at adidas North America. They have a distinctive look with a dark top, a band and red throughout the bottom half. Not only does this give a nod to the Chicago Fire Department, but its also a very iconic element of the city itself. We also thought it was so compelling to see the light blue color of the Chicago flag represented so powerfully across the front band of the kit.

Also "31 percent lighter" -- seriously.

Bold highlights the absurdity.

Fire supporters' chief complaint about the switch from a white stripe to navy was the elimination of the fire truck tribute. This does not change that at all.

ENGINE_62__FDD641__2007_SPARTAN_-_CRIMSO

And does anyone see a powerful use of powder?

Bh5qR_uCMAAZAfu.jpg

New away kit for the reigning champions, Sporting Kansas City.

Bh7HIAmCQAAZvt_.jpg

Look at it with the home and third kits, which are holdovers from last year, and uh... I'm getting a few clash concerns.

Jerseys%20for%20Web.jpg

Clash concerns I can see being a problem. I like them though. That Third kit is beautiful.

The Blue rapids shirt is not new it is the exact same shirt as last season. The Rapids only unveiled a new primary this year which is the same burgundy body with white sleeves, the new kit replaced the sublimated hoops with a sublimated Colorado flag design, they also added the gradient adidas stripes this year.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Bh7HIAmCQAAZvt_.jpg

Look at it with the home and third kits, which are holdovers from last year, and uh... I'm getting a few clash concerns.

Jerseys%20for%20Web.jpg

Clash concerns I can see being a problem. I like them though. That Third kit is beautiful.

Why does SKC have a gold abd silver star above their logo? Gold start normally represents confederation title and silver is league title (in MLS). But to the best of my knowledge, SKC or even their previous incarnation never won the CONCACAF Champions Cup/League and has two MLS Cup titles to their name.

I don't know where you're getting that about the confederation title. I think this is the second year where the defending MLS champion wears a gold star for that title.

Personally, I liked the champions badge ("scudetto", if you will) better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Sporting KC road shirt should be the home and they should have a road that actually clashes with the home.

The Fire look shirt looks just as bad as it did when it leaked. Really miss the white stripe on the front of the shirt.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Bh7HIAmCQAAZvt_.jpg

Jerseys%20for%20Web.jpg

Something to note, not only theres horizontal lines on the club's logo but also on the sponsor logo..

I don't know where you're getting that about the confederation title. I think this is the second year where the defending MLS champion wears a gold star for that title.Personally, I liked the champions badge ("scudetto", if you will) better.

No other club since the introduction of stars above club crests for MLS Cups has there ever been a gold star used for the current Cup holders. The only MLS club that bolsters a gold star on their uniform is LA Galaxy but only during CCL matches (only CCL win). And even then the gold star is above and the three silver stars below the crest.

And I'm a fan of using s "scudetto" or winners patch on their kits.

Archived