Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo that got put up on the official team store looks a little different than the one on that helmet:

1896873_10153857214865297_1651671030_n.j

It's the same. You're probably throwing yourself off by the ear hole

Look at the jaw. On the helmet, the white of the bone goes almost all the way up to the cheek bones, but on the site logo, there's a lot more black in between.

BTW, I think the new logo is an upgrade. The skull is fiercer-looking and less cartoonish than before. Reminds me of how the Jaguars modernized theirs.

I prefer the torn patterns in the old logo because it made it look weathered and this new logo is just too plain.

spacer.png

BTW, I think the new logo is an upgrade. The skull is fiercer-looking and less cartoonish than before. Reminds me of how the Jaguars modernized theirs.

I absolutely agree. Someone said the new one is more cartoonish and I completely disagree. The newer logo looks like something that is fit for modern times.

Up next to modernize: Denver Broncos

bSLCtu2.png

I absolutely agree. Someone said the new one is more cartoonish and I completely disagree. The newer logo looks like something that is fit for modern times.

IMO, it'll grow on people over time.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Up next to modernize: Denver Broncos

Well if you believe the rumors...

Kevin ODonnell Fox13 ‏@ODonnellFox13 3m

False alarm on Bucs new logo. The one floated is not it!

It's on the official site though. And that Helmet was rooted from nfl.com

Yeah, I literally pulled it from the prod.static site of the Bucs, so I'd assume it's correct? The logo has popped up in a dozen or so different graphics.

What was the original link?

Wow, odd how 2 people can have exact polar opposite opinions.

I felt it is LESS menacing and more cartoonish than before. It seems "soft" and "kid-friendly" like a Halloween decoration.

I think the new logo looks more cartoonish than before. (I wasn't a fan of the old logo, either, though).

I really want to know who makes these decisions about logo changes, because I've seen concepts on here much better than this. Every time a sports team unveils a new logo, there are invariably concepts on these forums better than the actual logo.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived