Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bucs really only need one pair of socks with these and those are the red ones. The only time pewter might look better than red is with the white jersey and white pants, but red would still look fine with those. Of course we all know they'll end up wearing the pewter socks with pewter pants all the time though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The ginormous helmet logo, I could do without, and the number font is weird...aside from that, I'm gonna be among the contrarians and tell ya I like the rest of what the Bucs did. Might just be me, but I think this set's gonna grow on people sooner than you'd think.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I am not so sure about the thought that there has to be an orange option that hasn't been seen yet. Reason being look how the shoulder yoke on both the red and white is identical. An Orange jersey would have to make a slight change to the shoulders and replace the orange accents with red or white which would then alter the cohesive nature they have with the two currently unveiled jerseys.

Also the outline/stroke pattern on the chest and back numerals is the same on both the red and white jersey (Orange, Pewter, Gray) This would also have to be altered with an Orange jersey again breaking up the cohesive nature of the currently unveiled two.

Tried to fix the yoke stripes.. it looks much better this way. square-ish front shoulder match the square pattern on back jersey. + it looks tougher than the original stripes.

please just do this if u cant change the fonts, yokes & asymetric sleeves logo... bucs.

bucc.jpg?t=1394116522

I don't think that's an improvement at all.

I have no issue with the template itself. I think the jerseys sans numbers and sleeve patches look fine (if viewed in a vacuum, not with the context of their previous set.)

I know it's like saying "well, she's hot except for her hideous face", but if the numbers and patches were fixed, it'd be perfectly acceptable to me. The pants are a different story.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Tried to fix the yoke stripes.. it looks much better this way. square-ish front shoulder match the square pattern on back jersey. + it looks tougher than the original stripes.

please just do this if u cant change the fonts, yokes & asymetric sleeves logo... bucs.

bucc.jpg?t=1394116522

Doesn't look as good, now it ends randomly rather than what it was like before that ends right where it should, but one thing i am wondering is if this uniform was suppose to be in the new chain male mesh template that was used in the Pro bowl because that little orange triangle would have been perfect for it

bucc.jpg?t=1394116522

Doesn't look as good, now it ends randomly rather than what it was like before that ends right where it should, but one thing i am wondering is if this uniform was suppose to be in the new chain male mesh template that was used in the Pro bowl because that little orange triangle would have been perfect for it

YES. thats how i came up with that orange triangle stripes. the probowl template.

I have no issue with the template itself. I think the jerseys sans numbers and sleeve patches look fine (if viewed in a vacuum, not with the context of their previous set.)

I know it's like saying "well, she's hot except for her hideous face", but if the numbers and patches were fixed, it'd be perfectly acceptable to me. The pants are a different story.

I think this is right. The more I see it, the more the actual jersey design doesn't bug me. But it's the helmet, logo, and numbers that puts a bad taste in my mouth.

When you combine the helmet, number typeface and uniform, it looks horrible. It's like slapping the a 1970s pirates painters cap with the Yankees home jersey and the 80s Expos uniform number font.

The uniform should be based on the primary logo, which is a battered flag. So, the lines in the uniform should have a town/curved look to them.

Next, the number typeface is too futuristic. This typeface would be a better match:

Ronde+Barber+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+Traini

I'm ok with the helmet logo size.

When you combine the helmet, number typeface and uniform, it looks horrible. It's like slapping the a 1970s pirates painters cap with the Yankees home jersey and the 80s Expos uniform number font.

The uniform should be based on the primary logo, which is a battered flag. So, the lines in the uniform should have a town/curved look to them.

Next, the number typeface is too futuristic. This typeface would be a better match:

Ronde+Barber+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+Traini

I'm ok with the helmet logo size.

I think people are concentrating too much on trying to make it look piratey, do the packers look like packers? The design is fine as it is, the numbers could be reworked but not like the ones above, a simple block font or something similar and less futuristic would be better

Agreed. The only problem is that the numbers and helmet logo (don't like the giant logo) are probably the two elements of the uniform that you notice first.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And here are the 6 Away Combos

Uz8b5Oc.png

eqgr1S1.png

21d50cZ.png

Tb5vc4x.png

YAodYrC.png

Fp8uCVQ.png

Maybe this is one of those designs that looks better as a concept instead of the real deal. Here, in 2-D concept form, it doesn't look so bad, heck, it looks pretty good (the thinner-looking orange stripes and lower pants side panels do wonders). But in real life, it just doesn't look good at all.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived