Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bc7fbb311b15fc8bb9698b07ec58eed32bb68049

Miss 'em both…a lot.

The overall restraint and quality of design shown in those really makes you think current uniform designers have lost their way.

To be fair, back in the day it was really just horizontal stripes, vertical stripes, or a rarity of both. Now while I think the current uniforms have jumped the shark (first Oregon Duck chrome helmet was the beginning), we've had plenty of quality designs.

He's got a point

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Miss 'em botha lot.

The overall restraint and quality of design shown in those really makes you think current uniform designers have lost their way.

To be fair, back in the day it was really just horizontal stripes, vertical stripes, or a rarity of both. Now while I think the current uniforms have jumped the shark (first Oregon Duck chrome helmet was the beginning), we've had plenty of quality designs.

He's got a point
He does, but it doesn't change the fact that these designs are world better then what both teams wear today (and I like the Titans' current uniforms).

The number font gets worse and worse with every new number we see. It doesn't have any kind of internal consistency. I think they were going for Zorro slicing into fabric in the 24th century, but you just can't make the numbers the way they show them to be.

The number font gets worse and worse with every new number we see. It doesn't have any kind of internal consistency. I think they were going for Zorro slicing into fabric in the 24th century, but you just can't make the numbers the way they show them to be.

Wait until you see the 7, and all of the lettering.

Miss 'em botha lot.

He's got a point
He does, but it doesn't change the fact that these designs are world better then what both teams wear today (and I like the Titans' current uniforms).

Goes back to great advice I got from one of my design professors, "Just because technology allows you to do it doesn't mean you should". If you design something new and different, it should be because it's better, not simply different.

I've already got my bottle of Captain Morgan next to the computer in anticipation!

I've already got my bottle of Captain Morgan next to the computer in anticipation!

Here is the full numerical set. I will post the lettering soon.

BucsNumbers.png

Here is the full numerical set. I will post the lettering soon.

BucsNumbers.png

Those are all nauseatingly horrible, but that 7 is beyond the pale. There are not enough negative adjectives in the English language to describe how bad the 7 is.

Those are all nauseatingly horrible, but that 7 is beyond the pale. There are not enough negative adjectives in the English language to describe how bad the 7 is.

Oh...let's take a closer look at that 7, shall we?:

TampaBayBuccaneers_UNN0702a_2014_SCC_SRG

Archived