Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're definitely growing on me. Canzman's post helped a lot. The entire look together is very, well, uniform.

I hate to admit it...I really really do...but they have actually grown on me to the point where I can honestly say....*sigh*....that I really...like them...A LOT. :(

The large helmet logo and chrome face mask, the new brighter colors and inclusion of orange, the jersey template with the shoulder yoke and even the stripe on the pants seem to all work for me. The contrast in colors, the way the orange pops, the way the red gets perfectly framed by the pants and the pewter yoke. I love how the red numbers on the away jersey pop. I also love the way they framed the numbers with the bright orange and that new glowing design element. The repetition of the triangular stripe element on the shoulders and then again on the socks and pant legs works for me. Am I in love with the number font? No, but I don't think the numbers look that bad with the right sets of numbers. The number 93 for example, looks gawd awful, but the number 14 looks good to me *shrugs shoulders*The chrome face mask paired with the jersey makes total sense now. The logo is large but it works somehow...don't know why but it does.

Sorry guys, call me crazy but I actually think Nike nailed these. When I look at the previous jerseys they actually come across as boring and somewhat dated. I never thought I would say this in a million friggin' years. After cursing up and down my office when I originally saw these...I never thought I would accept this new look. I honestly can't wait to see these on the field.

*sigh* I think I need a drink :blink:

I really think the biggest problem is how these things will look on the average fan, not so much the players. I think these threads will look pretty damn good on the field; The bright Florida sun will reflect these things perfectly. However, these will just replicate terribly on the average fan, especially the cheaper "replica jerseys". Ever seen one of those dorky Oregon fans wearing those new Oregon jerseys, it looks terrible. The actual uniforms are modern and "cutting-edge", but on a fan... they just look out of place.

Fan jersey sighting.

BucsMerch_zpsb7115aa7.jpg

Makes me think a lot about this for some reason. Especially that 8...

iron-maiden-somewhere-in-time.jpg

Eddie has WAY better taste!

Not sure if you're referring to the Eddie I think you're referring to...

I'd assuming he's talking about Iron Maiden's mascot

Fan jersey sighting.

I thought everybody knew who Eddie was.

But yes, Eddie the Iron Maiden icon.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Fan jersey sighting.

theres some youngins on here who are not hip to the metal. lets see how many know who Vic is :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Fan jersey sighting.

theres some youngins on here who are not hip to the metal. lets see how many know who Vic is :)

I'll have to rattle that one around in my head for a moment.

Well it's the 10th and Game jerseys are available for pre order on the team store.

http://shop.buccaneers.com/catalog/Jerseys

REvisfront_zpsa0ffae18.jpg

Revisback_zps45a144e9.jpg

Okay - these keep looking better and better. I think once they're on the field, they'll really make the older set look just that: old.

605px-Fuck-yeah-gtfo_meme.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Well it's the 10th and Game jerseys are available for pre order on the team store.

http://shop.buccaneers.com/catalog/Jerseys

REvisfront_zpsa0ffae18.jpg

Revisback_zps45a144e9.jpg

Okay - these keep looking better and better. I think once they're on the field, they'll really make the older set look just that: old.

Hmm, let me have a look...

Nope, still hideous.

The following is the only explanation I can come up with as to this sudden and bizarre influx of posters stating this uniform might not be completely terrible, or in some extreme cases, claiming to like it;

Stockholm syndrome - a psychological phenomenon in which hostages or victims have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with them.

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other." One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat.

This makes perfect sense. In this case, Nike is the "person" who "intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates" (through the use of soul-crushing, mind-numbing, and otherwise totally sick! and cool! uniform designs) another person (the hapless sports fan). And obviously some feel they have no choice in response to this trauma but to identify with the perpetrator, and even convince themselves its "not that bad" or "nice except for the font" or even in severe cases "this has grown on me".

Fight it people. Be strong. Don't give in. In the 70's we survived bright blue pullover baseball uniforms. In the 90's we survived basketball jerseys with giant animals plastered across the front. We survived Turn-Ahead-The-Clock. Hell, we even survived the jerseys in my sig! :P We can survive this. I promise you if you just stay focused on what you intrinsically know to be true, in ten years we can look back on the current uniforms of the Seahawks, Jaguars, and Bucs, and laugh and say, "Remember the era of uniforms? Hilarious!"

Archived