Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan jersey sighting.

BucsMerch_zpsb7115aa7.jpg

Makes me think a lot about this for some reason. Especially that 8...

iron-maiden-somewhere-in-time.jpg

Eddie has WAY better taste!

Not sure if you're referring to the Eddie I think you're referring to...

I'd assuming he's talking about Iron Maiden's mascot

I thought everybody knew who Eddie was.

But yes, Eddie the Iron Maiden icon.

theres some youngins on here who are not hip to the metal. lets see how many know who Vic is :)

I'll have to rattle that one around in my head for a moment.

I think peace sells.....but who's buying Hangar 18. This uniform is a symphony of destruction ;)

PersonDivided-2-1.png

My reaction from the initial unveil is mostly unchanged. Stupid numbers/font, ugly color scheme in general (with the home whites much easier on the eyes), a surprisingly minimalist template that doesn't push the crazy lines/stripes/color box/unnecessary flare envelop too far, a bunch of goofball details (chrome, reflective numbers, mismatched shoulder patch/word mark, quarter length pant stripe) none of which stands out as an obvious eyesore. The helmet is also unusual but it looks pretty good. The pewter overall is less brown and less disgusting, but still not a great sports color.

Not the NFL's best or worst look. An alright idea poorly executed and dragged down by the mileau of modern football marketing and aesthetics.

Eventually the broadcasters and/or referees are going to start complaining about these stupid number fonts. They're legible, but when you have only half a second to get someone's number, it doesn't help when it's some ridiculous style that takes a bit to get used to.

And, as someone else pointed out, that 5 - WTF????

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sad to say, but the Bucs' don't have the best uniform in the NFL. But they also don't have the worst :winner: , so I will take that.

Who's the worst then?
The Cowboys by a landslide.

The Cowboys? Sure its dumb to have that many mismatched colors, but even so they aren't even the same ballpark as the Jaguars, Bengals, Cardinals, Seahawks, Titans, and now the Buccaneers. Personally, I'd throw the Falcons and Ravens into this heap, too, but that's just my personal dislike.

Sad to say, but the Bucs' don't have the best uniform in the NFL. But they also don't have the worst :winner: , so I will take that.

Debatable. They're on the same level as the Jaguars. Bottom 3 in no particular order are Jaguars, Buccaneers, Seattle IMO (with Arizona and Miami not far behind).

Debatable. They're on the same level as the Jaguars. Bottom 3 in no particular order are Jaguars, Buccaneers, Seattle IMO (with Arizona and Miami not far behind).

Archived