Memphis Grizzlies to change color scheme?

Conrad.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black and gold for the Grizzlies would actually work. Black could represent Vancouver/early Memphis, while gold represents the double-blue era. It makes sense historically and aesthetically, and it would mean another double-blue scheme bites the dust. I don't see black/gold becoming the primary scheme (because of a possible, yet highly unlikely Pittsburgh expansion), but it would be nice to see where it would go after an alternate gets released.

Not sure if I like Black/Yellow for the Grizzlies, especially if the Raptors are going to Black/Gold. Adding some Dark Gray to that mix might make it stand out more.

That said, Black/Light Blue/Yellow or even Black/Teal/Yellow would be a great way to tie the Grizzlies' past two color schemes together while standing out to the NBA. When they recolored to Dark Blue/Light Blue/Yellow, I wished they kept Red instead of Yellow and I still think that would be a great combo, somewhat tying to the original Black/Teal/Red. But of course, Black/Teal/Red wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I still think it's testing the waters, but they claim it was just some special design for the STH renewal. Any change would be for 15-16.

http://www.3sob.com/2014/february-2014/grizzlies-color-scheme-update/15480/

Update..."The Grizzlies have no plans to replace any of their existing logos or color palate but as all forward thinking organizations are always looking toward the future hence Memph15 – a celebration of their 15 season in the [we don't] bluff city."

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Why would the Grizzlies want to rebrand/change their color scheme? I see nothing about their organization that they'd want to reboot. They've been playing winning basketball over the past few years and have a few stars in Zach Randolph and Mark Gasol. Also, as we stand they're in the top half of attendance. Their brand now has been pretty good to them and is OK as is. What could the Grizzlies possibly accomplish with a rebrand?

That being said, the look is actually pretty good. If they were to switch over to black and yellow it might be a pretty good combination As others have said, we don't have a black and yellow team in the NBA. We do have teams that use blue and yellow (Warriors, Pacers) and teams that use multiple blues (Mavericks, Nuggets) though. It's not that the look they have now is bad, but if they did replace it with black and yellow I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Like the NBA don't already have multiple teams with similar schemes...

...Anyway, in my perfect world the Grizz would find some way to incorporate brown into their blues. But failing that, I really think they oughtta explore a more vibrant hue of blue behind which to base their look...maybe something like the Detroit Lions' Honolulu blue or something.

The Whitecaps successfully combined Brown with powder blue with their alt jerseys a couple of years back. There's no reason the Grizzlies couldn't do something similar.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not sure if I like Black/Yellow for the Grizzlies, especially if the Raptors are going to Black/Gold. Adding some Dark Gray to that mix might make it stand out more.

I don't think dark gray would help differentiate. That would be one color that shouldn't be added.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived