Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm totally convinced the Kings are at their absolute best when they appear to be dead in the water.

I've thought for a while now that they basically need to be at DEFCON 5 to play their best hockey. Not good for their fans' sanity, but it sure beats just mailing it in, right?

PSST-5 is "The World is at Peace". DEFCON 1 is "OH :censored: LOOK AT ALL THE NUKES FLYING!"

The world is at peace when the Kings win. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Jeff Freaking Carter, of all people, records a hat trick. God I hate him.

The lesson there for the kids is that if you whine and complain and tank a team's season and future plans you get everything you've ever wanted.
True.

lebron-james-trophies-nba-finals-2013.jp

I'm not sure I follow.

He's trying to make an Ohio joke because he's a troll.

But yes, LeBron definitely tanked the Cavs. Yup, something like that. :rolleyes:

6fQjS3M.png

hes not trolling, lebron screwed the cavs, its a very simple comparison.

Insofar as Lebron decided to place his salary over taking a pay cut for Cleveland to get a better supporting cast, he chose to screw them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, Handzus/Bollig/Oduya how I loathe thee.

Fixed that up for ya.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Quenneville's staunch determination to bury young guys in order to keep jobbers like Handzus and Bollig on the ice in a series where every potential goal is absolutely necessary. Handzus is mediocre at faceoffs but is otherwise a complete liability in all facets of professional hockey. Bollig was inked to an unmerited contract and his only skill is punching other guys in the face and taking bad penalties.

I know the guy's a HOF coach and has a couple rings but this routine of trying to squeeze fresh juice from a withered orange is never going to work.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived