2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

I've no idea what to make of this Hawks-Pacers series. Atlanta has a better chance against Indiana than they do against Team NBA Miami. The teams split the season series 2-2, with each going 1-1 in both buildings. It's tough to tell if Indiana's righted the ship or if they still have some issues. And the Hawks are always bi-polar as hell. (In the past 9 days, the Hawks have won at Brooklyn, at Indiana by 20, and beaten Miami at home with the Big Three and seemingly at full strength....and lost home games to Detroit and Charlotte.) Don't think it'll be a sweep, but I won't be surprised if the Hawks win the series.

But I also think the NBA wants a Miami-Indiana rematch, so I'll say Pacers win in 6.

I think 6 as well as a being a Pacers fan. At first, I figured 5

WHY DO SOME COLLEGES STILL USE RUSSELL???

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a jump ball with ten seconds left in regulation between Nene and Taj Gibson where Nene grabbed Taj's arm with one hand and won the tip with the other. The Bulls probably would've missed their game winning shot since they couldn't hit a thing, but how do you miss that? The last ten minutes or so of that game was just brutal. It felt like watching a college game with all the missed shots.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Bulls are in trouble. Down 1-0, no big deal. But lose both at home? Ugh.

These games have not been particularly fun to watch... and not because of the results. (Of course those lengthy Chicago scoring droughts to close both games don't help ... the viewer or the outcome.)

I hate how the Raps have 3 days off between games 1, 2 and 3. Talk about trying to give the Nets any advantage they can.

Yeah, that annoys me too, especially how much time we have to wait until the games are played. Just get on with the series so we can see what happens next round.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

When I see James Harden I see a good hard nosed player always giving it all. I am no fan of the Rockets but I would love a player like that on my team.

You've never seen his defensive "highlight" reel, have you?

http://deadspin.com/the-ultimate-james-harden-doesnt-play-defense-video-c-1564651403

Hard to say he always "gives it all" when he puts such little effort into an aspect of the sport that makes up half of each game.

IUe6Hvh.png

I know I said that I wasn't too interested in these playoffs but...

Man I wanted the Bobcats to win. BAD. This was the most emotionally invested in an NBA game in a long time. Oh well, I'm coming confident that they will get one of these games at home.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I hate how the Raps have 3 days off between games 1, 2 and 3. Talk about trying to give the Nets any advantage they can.

Yeah, that annoys me too, especially how much time we have to wait until the games are played. Just get on with the series so we can see what happens next round.

Remember when NBA playoff games were played on consecutive days? Remember when the 1st round was a best-of-5 series? And remember when the next proceeding series began immediately when the teams were matched-up, instead of already-advanced teams waiting until all series of the previous round were over before any team continued to play the next one?

Yeah, it's not the basketball per-se which seems longer and boring, rather than the NBA's extension of the schedule over time.

Don't the playoffs have to be stretched out? This year's Finals are starting on June 5. It doesn't matter if every series is a sweep or goes to 7 games. Better to space the games than end up having a bye week before the Finals.

Personally, they're not stretched out enough. Why would they ever put two games on at once? Just to "have to" put one game on NBA TV and force fans to buy a package that includes that channel? (I think I answered my own question).

I know I said that I wasn't too interested in these playoffs but...

Man I wanted the Bobcats to win. BAD. This was the most emotionally invested in an NBA game in a long time. Oh well, I'm coming confident that they will get one of these games at home.

I'd be okay with the Heat dropping game 3 or 4. They need to snap out of their malaise some time, and it'd be great for Charlotte to have even more excitement around the team before the name change. They're headed the right direction as a franchise.

PJU85JF.png

Clippers almost let that one go. They have got to get better at playing with a lead. Game 2 was a nice distraction but this is the real Clippers and I hate it. They can get a big lead with their eyes closed but that D is frustrating. Some games they shut opponents down and others they get lax late in games. It was a good win because their playoff record on the road hasn't been great but I'm expecting a better overall game next time.

Archived