2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

I just had a thought. When Silver presents the O'Brian trophy to this years champion, he most likely will pronounce "Champions" how it's supposed to be pronounced. None of that stupid champeen s*** Stern use to say.

I actually liked it when Stern used to say, "Congratulations to the new NBA World Champeens." People will still know what he's saying, and it covers accents and speech impediments for some people. I don't see the harm in saying "champions" in that way.

He sounded like an illiterate a** instead of just an a**.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grizzlies, Hawks, and Wizards could all move on while the Bulls, Thunder, and Pacers go home. What a weird playoffs this has been. Except for the stupid Heat.

Don't forget that the Mavs have a legit chance of eliminating the Spurs.

Imagine if both #1 seeds were knocked out in the first round.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

This first round has been amazing outside of the yearly "LeBron's First Round Scrimmage" invitee.

As of the 4th quarter of this Clippers/Warriors game, none of the higher seeds are leading their first round series (except Miami, because of course MJ's team is the only low-seed that didn't put up a fight).

Grizzlies, Hawks, and Wizards could all move on while the Bulls, Thunder, and Pacers go home. What a weird playoffs this has been. Except for the stupid Heat.

Don't forget that the Mavs have a legit chance of eliminating the Spurs.

Imagine if both #1 seeds were knocked out in the first round?

I'd begin a witch hunt as to who implemented NHL randomness in the NBA postseason.

spacer.png

Is there a worse referee than Joey Crawford, seriously the man is a giant American League West style Asshat. He thinks that he is friggen star of the show and loves to change the outcome of games, seriously how does this guy not get fired. He may have just cost the Thunder the series yesterday freezing Kevin Durant at the foul line and yelling like a two year old at the scorer's table. What a friggen joke and he has a history of asshatery.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Bulls played a piss-poor performance for a team ready to be eliminated. No heart, no want at all from Chicago. Their team, like the crowd, was dead all night long, and it showed in the scoreboard. The Bulls basically drew up the quintessential gameplan on what not to do when facing postseason elimination.

If St. Louis had a basketball team you can bet nothing like that would ever happen.

43 points in the 4th quarter for the Nets but the Raptors are 10 seconds away from winning by less than 3 points. Raps gave up a 22-point lead but may escape here. The playoffs continue to be wild.

edit: The Raptors win after a wacky final few seconds. A goofed pass went too far back, Deron Williams throws up a prayer before the buzzer which is goaltended. That would've given the Nets the win but the officials ruled it was a backcourt violation with 1 second left.

Ridiculous.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really have lost count of just how many big 2nd half leads have gone by the wayside in this first round of the playoffs.

The more impressive thing seems to be that the team that blows these leads seems to hold on for the win afterwards anyway. Memphis-OKC is the poster child of this phenomenon in this years' NBA postseason.

spacer.png

Now if Commissioner Silver can get the owners to vote on changing the playoff format from conference affiliation to a straight forward 1 through 16 seeding of all teams.

1 - San Antonio

16 - Charlotte

8 - Golden State

9 - Memphis

4 - Indiana

13 - Phoenix

5 - Miami

12 - Chicago

3 - L.A. Clippers

14 - Washington

6 - Houston

11 - Toronto

7 - Portland

10 - Dallas

2 - Oklahoma City

15 - Brooklyn

Still no love in Toronto.

RaptorsFanKissRejection.gif

WE THE NORTH? Ugh.

I thought people in Toronto were generally pretty smart. I would refuse to wear that shirt.

I can't believe I'm saying this but...go Raptors!

Archived