2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

The Spurs are hard to embrace. Feels like rooting for cold, corporate robots whose hearts are made of computer.

It feels almost uncool to root for them as opposed to rooting against them.

Cold, ruthless efficiency is something only an IRS agent could love.

Wait, didn't you say this in the hockey thread about the Kings? and didn't you just nick my line from the hockey thread about the Kings?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Miami Heat are quite frankly no longer must-see as they were a few years ago. I skipped out halfway through the 3rd quarter for Bruins-Habs.

Honestly, I'm starting to get bored of LeBron James. It's becoming more like LeBore James. The intrigue is no longer there- just a bunch of guys trying to hang out for a joyless threepeat.

The Miami Heat are quite frankly no longer must-see as they were a few years ago. I skipped out halfway through the 3rd quarter for Bruins-Habs.

Honestly, I'm starting to get bored of LeBron James. It's becoming more like LeBore James. The intrigue is no longer there- just a bunch of guys trying to hang out for a joyless threepeat.

Hi, Skip Bayless. :D

That is not on him...other teams need to play better and make d@mn shots!

The Spurs are hard to embrace. Feels like rooting for cold, corporate robots whose hearts are made of computer.

Why do you watch sports?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I watch sports for the parity. Dynasties are no fun unless it's your teams.

I want to see someone break through- I want to see John Wall or Damien Lillard make the leap and crash the glass ceiling.

Besides, how many damn times do we have to see the same old Spurs or LeBore James?

I don't like rematches. I don't want Miami-San Antonio again. I want something DIFFERENT!

Is that too much to ask for?

Their black, grey and white color scheme doesn't help either.

Imagine a championship with the Spurs and the Nets.

As a non-NBA fan, that's what I'm rooting for.

nba_u_parker_gb1_576.jpgnets-spurs-game47_1.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I watch sports for the parity. Dynasties are no fun unless it's your teams.

I want to see someone break through- I want to see John Wall or Damien Lillard make the leap and crash the glass ceiling.

Besides, how many damn times do we have to see the same old Spurs or LeBore James?

I don't like rematches. I don't want Miami-San Antonio again. I want something DIFFERENT!

Is that too much to ask for?

You see, I don't want to see John Wall or Damian Lillard crash the glass ceiling because, well, they might hurt themselves quite badly if they actually did that.

spacer.png

On this day, May 7th, several famous NBA moments occurred:

1. It's the 25th anniversary of Michael Jordan's shot over Cleveland in 1989.

2. It's the 20th anniversary of Denver being the 1st #8-seed defeating a #1 in 1994.

3. It's the 19th anniversary of Reggie Miller's "8 points in 19 seconds" against the Knicks in 1995.

Exactly. Only one team should be allowed to have that color scheme, IMO.

And that match-up is still not out of the question...

I still don't see how people mix up the Nets and Spurs. That silver that SA uses really makes a difference in my opinion. As far as only one team wearing black and white(technically only one does), as long as multiple teams are wearing r/w/b I say why can't other colors be used the same.

I still don't see how people mix up the Nets and Spurs. That silver that SA uses really makes a difference in my opinion. As far as only one team wearing black and white(technically only one does), as long as multiple teams are wearing r/w/b I say why can't other colors be used the same.

I don't think anybody's mixing up the Nets and Spurs. It's just that a series between a black and white team and a black, silver, and white team would be visually very dull.

Makes me long for the days of the Spurs Alamodome court.

12320164564_50ca1dd8c0_z.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think anybody's mixing up the Nets and Spurs. It's just that a series between a black and white team and a black, silver, and white team would be visually very dull.

This exactly.

Archived