2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a team that has been generally frustrating in the playoffs, the CP3-era Clippers sure do know how to pull impossible comebacks out of their asses. First Game 1 against Memphis and now today's game. The Clippers' win probability was 0.9% with 9 minutes left in the game! They had trailed by as many as 22.

The success that far-smaller defenders have had on Durant - first Tony Allen, now CP3 - should clue him in to the fact that he really needs to develop a post game.

Not that I'm complaining because our boys won, but that was more a testament to the fact the Thunder don't run plays. Unless pass it to Durant no matter what counts as a play now. I don't think any amount of post work Durant does will make up for the fact his coach has nothing for him in a half court situation.

Bosh hits a big 3 and Joe Johnson pisses away a possession with a terrible shot. Miami on their way to a win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If you let Marcin Gortat score 31 points on your team, you deserve to lose the series, yet Indy is 1/3rd of the way there...

The Pacers were outrebounded 62-23, at home. That's unbelievable. Hibbert with another monster game, 4 points and 2 rebounds.

Chris Paul sucked, his decision at the end of the game sucked, and his dumbass foul lost them the lead. Stupid game from his dumb ass, all on #3.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So, if Lights Out wants to lose his nut tonight, I'll actually cut him some slack this time.

That was some sensational screwjob there.

Big Baby's rebound "won" the game, the rest of the Clippers play on the floor lost it.

Doc Rivers tearing into the officiating. Good for him.

twitter

Poor Clippers, the Dick Parsons era begins.

FYI, those who have no clue of Dick Parsons, he is a CEO who has never been successful.

Anyone familiar with Dick Parsons’ past could have told you his term as Citigroup’s chairman would end like this: Shareholder lawsuits, executive pay scandals, and corporate failure on a colossal scale. It’s the Dick Parsons Management Style. In each of the three companies Parsons was appointed to lead, they all failed spectacularly, and somehow Parsons and a handful of top executives always walked away from the yellow-tape crime scenes unscathed.

This past April, for his final act as Citigroup’s chairman, Dick Parsons made sure that Citi’s top executives were handsomely rewarded for their failures. He arranged a pay package for CEO Vikram Pandit amounting to $53 million despite the fact that Citi’s stock plummeted 44% last year, and has woefully underperformed other bank stocks even by their low standards. Citigroup, as you might recall, got the largest bailout of any banking institution, larger than BofA’s– $50 billion in direct funds, and over $300 billion more in “stopgap” federal guarantees on the worthless garbage in Citi’s “assets” portfolio. Those are just the most obvious bailouts Citi received—this doesn’t take into account the flood of free cash, the murky mortgage-backed securities buyback programs, the accounting rules changes that allowed banks like Citi to decide how much their assets “should be worth” as opposed to what they’re really worth on their beloved free-market, and so on…

So just as Dick Parsons stepped down as Citigroup chairman last month, shareholders finally rebelled, suing Parsons, CEO Pandit and a handful of executives for corporate plunder”.

Again, with Parsons, it’s the same story every time: Three executive jobs, three disasters, each worse than the previous one.

So much sloppiness at the end of that game.

If Chris Paul just takes the foul instead of trying to throw up a full court shot and getting 3 free throws, they most likely win.

Refs made the wrong call at the end of the game. They didn't call a foul on the floor, they shouldn't reward the Thunder the ball just because they missed the foul, it was clearly out on the Thunder and should have been Clippers ball.

What the :censored: was Westbrook thinking with that shot, and worse than that how do you foul him on that shot???

Paul/Clippers choked but they still should have won because refs made the wrong call. The entire end of that game was just crap.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

How many kicks to the nuts do Clipper fans have to take in this postseason alone? Unbelievable.

And it's not just the refs' faults, either. CP3 is firmly established now as a playoff choker and deserves to be called out as such. I'm sick of LeBron, Melo, Westbrook, and Dwight getting bashed so much by the media when they've at least been past the second round of the playoffs in their career.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

How many kicks to the nuts do Clipper fans have to take in this postseason alone? Unbelievable.

And it's not just the refs' faults, either. CP3 is firmly established now as a playoff choker and deserves to be called out as such. I'm sick of LeBron, Melo, Westbrook, and Dwight getting bashed so much by the media when they've at least been past the second round of the playoffs in their career.

Has Melo been past the second round?

And really, is CP3 the reason they're down 3-2? Or is he the reason they're even here still playing. 8-9 from 3 in Game 1 and you're calling him a choker? Jeez dude. 29 other teams would be glad to take him off the Clippers' hands... And I'll admit I didn't watch the game last night, but just glancing at the box score I see he was +11! Your boy Crawford was -15, maybe he's the choker.

90758391980.gif

Has Melo been past the second round?

And really, is CP3 the reason they're down 3-2? Or is he the reason they're even here still playing. 8-9 from 3 in Game 1 and you're calling him a choker? Jeez dude. 29 other teams would be glad to take him off the Clippers' hands... And I'll admit I didn't watch the game last night, but just glancing at the box score I see he was +11! Your boy Crawford was -15, maybe he's the choker.

In 2009 the Nuggets lost in 6 in the conference finals to the Lakers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Doc Rivers tearing into the officiating. Good for him.

Rivers acknowledges the Clippers playing like possums in the last four minutes (admitting defeat), yet he goes all-out Dresden on the officiating crew for the Barnes-Jackson call (blaming someone else for defeat).

Here's an idea for the Clippers: don't commit petty, kitty turnovers if you have a three-possession lead because of a Davis offensive rebound from a missed free-throw. Then the Clippers don't even get to the situation Doc was too busy bitc#ing and moaning about.

As for Paul, the closest resemblance of a star player playing so well, yet folding so quickly and so painfully in the close seconds of an NBA playoff game was Magic in the 1984 Finals, and he did that numerous times in that series (Games 2, 4 and 7).

While I applaud Rivers for going after the officials I can't help but think that it's not a smart move. I don't trust NBA officials to not take that verbal thrashing as just cause to screw the Clippers out of the next game and their season. I mean they're not the Lakers. They don't get breaks.

While I applaud Rivers for going after the officials I can't help but think that it's not a smart move. I don't trust NBA officials to not take that verbal thrashing as just cause to screw the Clippers out of the next game and their season. I mean they're not the Lakers. They don't get breaks.

I wouldn't say that just yet. Putting on my tinfoil hat, in light of the Donald Sterling headlines I wouldn't put it past the league to do so for ratings.* That, or more gradually as the Clippers gain (and retain) relevance (think of the ratings for "The Battle of LA!!!"). This is the NBA--who IMO pretty blatently altered the outcome for Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals in order to secure a seventh game--after all.^

*Not that I don't agree with the punishment meted out on Sterling for his comments, just that it may be a "storybook ending" the league would love to see and obtain.

^But...that's just me with my tinfoil hat on, based on little evidence. We'll see how this series plays out.

Archived