2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

Pretty much. Personally, I expect the Islanders to have a much better season in 2014-15 than they did this past season, but, well, the Islanders are experts with how to underachieve.

Fingers crossed! If the Isles miss the playoffs this year, that's at least a few percentage points of extra chance for the Sabres to win the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much. Personally, I expect the Islanders to have a much better season in 2014-15 than they did this past season, but, well, the Islanders are experts with how to underachieve.

The Isles make underachieving an art form that Pablo Picasso would be proud of.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Isles make underachieving an art form that Pablo Picasso would be proud of.

If they end up close to the 5th pick in the draft next year with Halak on board and Tavares back, then I'll agree with you.

Fellow Canadians, here is some news that will make you either very happy or very sad:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/473254576544813056

I'm definitely not happy. While I certainly respect Cole's status in Canadian broadcasting history, he should've hung it up a few seasons ago. It's like watching a first ballot Hall of Famer playing late in their career when they clearly don't have the magic anymore. Or when a great TV show keeps churning out new seasons until everyone is sick of it. He really should retire and pass the torch to someone else

IMO, I like this hire. The Caps need a lot of work on defense. Plus Trotz was under the Caps organization when he's was Portland's head coach. Yes, I do see the possibility with problems with Ovechkin but hopefully they can get things working. Then again, I'm probably not one of the few that would be upset to see him go either. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but nothing ever surprises me.

Now as for the new GM, time will tell but I don't as much high hopes for him though considering he was under GMGM. So hopefully it won't be the same.

baltimoreravens.png

Pierre McGuire and Jim Rutherford are considered frontrunners for the Pittsburgh GM job.

"Uh, sure, Pittsburgh, they're great candidates! Yeah, hire one of them! That'll help you!"

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Word is the Leafs are talking with Buffalo and Florida about potentially trading up. Obviously it's just speculation, but I think there's some truth to it, given Shanny and Lieweke.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Pierre McGuire and Jim Rutherford are considered frontrunners for the Pittsburgh GM job.

"Uh, sure, Pittsburgh, they're great candidates! Yeah, hire one of them! That'll help you!"

McGuire might not be a bad hire, he might do well.

McGuire might not be a bad hire, he might do well.

And if it means we don't have to hear him during games anymore (for us Americans), it must be a good thing!

In other news, Brad Marchand is on the trading block. Anybody want him?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Word is the Leafs are talking with Buffalo and Florida about potentially trading up. Obviously it's just speculation, but I think there's some truth to it, given Shanny and Lieweke.

I don't see Buffalo trading down. There was a story after the trade deadline that said something to the effect of the Sabres have more early round picks in the near future than any team has ever had in a similar timeframe. Are you gonna offer them more picks? Players? I don't think they're in a real rush to be good right now.

Rutherford got the job.

LOL Penguins.

His best quality was that he wasn't Pierre McGuire.

I'm really surprised that Bylsma was fired... I figured he would make a great scapegoat for the team's likely failure next year.

Archived