2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

Yeah, I want a guy whose teams made the playoffs like four times in twenty years, yeah. Congratulations on hiring one of the worst general managers in the NHL. Maybe THE statistically worst GM in the league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to Rutherford installing all the tenacity of a sloth. "Well gee whiz, if you're going to hit me over it, I didn't want the puck that much anyway."

EDIT: I suppose making your team play with no passion is the same thing as acquiring Eric Staal, whoops, redundant

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There are a number of rumors circulating that Charles Wang will sell the Islanders to Andrew Barroway. Supposedly the sale will be announced after the finals are over. If this is true it will be a happy day in Islander land! Would also explain the Halak signing and the Boyle trade as these are things outside of the Isles normal MO. Would be really nice to see Crappy axed and replaced by a real NHL coach...I hear Bylsma's available maybe he'd like to come back to Long Island.

The Halak

There are a number of rumors circulating that Charles Wang will sell the Islanders to Andrew Barroway. Supposedly the sale will be announced after the finals are over. If this is true it will be a happy day in Islander land! Would also explain the Halak signing and the Boyle trade as these are things outside of the Isles normal MO. Would be really nice to see Crappy axed and replaced by a real NHL coach...I hear Bylsma's available maybe he'd like to come back to Long Island.

The Halak signing is good, the Boyle trade is just another Islander blunder. They pick up a 37 year old defenseman probably on the downside of his career? Nice, maybe they can convince Gordie Howe to come out retirement. They'd be better off drafting and developing good players. Boyle will get his points, but it's just going to be a bad team until they get good hockey people in place and make good hockey decisions, not trading for a 37 year old defenseman.

Trading for a 37 year old defenseman who is still pretty good is not a bad move, considering they only gave up a 5th round pick. Obviously they need to develop D for the future, but Boyle will definitely help in the next year or two, if he does sign.

Yeah, I want a guy whose teams made the playoffs like four times in twenty years, yeah. Congratulations on hiring one of the worst general managers in the NHL. Maybe THE statistically worst GM in the league.

Are the Flyers no longer part of the NHL?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are the Flyers no longer part of the NHL?

giphy.gif

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Yeah, ignore that. I saw it on Sodboy's hockey twitter and then saw the source. We'd both been had.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kings superfan

I can't relocate to SoCal and adopt the Kings after almost decade of not giving a :censored: about ice hockey? Free world. Just sports. I think I'm gonna root for whoever I damn well please. B)

6uXNWAo.png

Kings superfan

I can't relocate to SoCal and adopt the Kings after almost decade of not giving a :censored: about ice hockey? Free world. Just sports. I think I'm gonna root for whoever I damn well please. B)

I think it's the Oilers fandom, followed by apathy, followed by a "conversion" to Kings fandom after they won the Cup that's rubbing people the wrong way ;)

If Jumbo agrees to be traded, Toronto may actually be a place he will choose. However from the 3-year extension it was reported that Marleau only agree to sign if Thornton agreed to sign. If Marleau leaves too, that pretty much wipes out the Sharks goal of 'mini-rebuild' that is being thrown around and into the dreaded full on rebuild. Which in most cases means miserable year, but the Talent of the Sharks even without Marleau and Thornton are capable of being playoff caliber and Stanley Cup contending teams. Couture, Pavelski - one of them should be captain next season, Will they? Maybe. However, Thornton currently wears it. Maybe losing the C will make him angry, and when Jumbo is angry for whatever reason he plays better.

It's strange, the Red Wings don't ever seem to 'rebuild' just retool. TMac comes from the Red Wings, maybe he and DW should get together and try and keep the retooling going. Nothing has seemed to work.

Kings superfan

I think it's the Oilers fandom, followed by apathy, followed by a "conversion" to Kings fandom after they won the Cup that's rubbing people the wrong way ;)

The Halak signing is good, the Boyle trade is just another Islander blunder. They pick up a 37 year old defenseman probably on the downside of his career? Nice, maybe they can convince Gordie Howe to come out retirement. They'd be better off drafting and developing good players. Boyle will get his points, but it's just going to be a bad team until they get good hockey people in place and make good hockey decisions, not trading for a 37 year old defenseman.

I think they just want to make sure Buffalo doesn't end up winning the McDavid sweepstakes with their first rounder. Boyle doesn't play an overly physical style of play so he should be able to be a solid contributor for a couple more years at least. It'll also allow them to ease Griffin Reinhart into the lineup rather than forcing him into tough minutes too soon.

I've deleted a bunch of worthless posts, and made the thread a better place.

You will all, and I mean all of you, refrain from petty personal attacks. You will also refrain from baiting others into making personal attacks. If you have problems with one another, either suck it up and leave it alone or take it to pm.

What I see here are three longtime members who should all know better going out of their way to act like insufferable children. Enough is enough.

Return to talking about the off-season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived