NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the Steelers ever change their throwbacks? I like the Bumblebees, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Old Batman looking ones from 1966.

They'll change them eventually. Probably in a year or two if not sooner. I like the bumble bee unis too. Really different from most since they are so old. Very rugby inspired it seems. My favs are the previous throwbacks. The black unis with gold numbers and gold(yellow) helmets. It's a shame we may never see them again because of the helmet rule. Gotta say the batman ones are my least favorite.

Did anyone just see the fan wearing a kelly green version of the current Eagles jersey? I'm sure it was a counterfeit, but it looked pretty good. Sorry about the bad picture quality. I took a picture of my TV screen.

vIlYrzk.jpg

You sure that's not just Nike's attempt to replicate a green fabric? ;)

I'd support the return to kelly green-- but it just looks wrong with that number font in the current design (especially right next to someone wearing the current midnight green or whatever they call it)

Will the Steelers ever change their throwbacks? I like the Bumblebees, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Old Batman looking ones from 1966.

Five year rule. They can only get a new alternate every 5 years and I think this is only the 3rd bumblebee season.

Lol yourself.

1935, 1952, 1953 & 1957.

Just because it happened before the Super Bowl started numbering doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But yes. If they were really thinking about making FC-type crests, they should have used four stars above. That would have been a nice touch.

Lol yourself.

1935, 1952, 1953 & 1957.

Just because it happened before the Super Bowl started numbering doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But yes. If they were really thinking about making FC-type crests, they should have used four stars above. That would have been a nice touch.

Stars go above the crest on the kit...not on official logo graphics usually.

wEpqz03.jpg

I would think the four stripes on the Lions' crest represent the number of NFL championships the team has won in its history.

Wouldn't championships be represented with stars?

LOL what championships?
Having won 11 of their 13 championships before 1968 doesn't stop Green Bay from being known as "Titletown," does it? Detroit has won 4...although I'm not sure many fans are left from those days.

wEpqz03.jpg

I would think the four stripes on the Lions' crest represent the number of NFL championships the team has won in its history.

LOL what championships?

You realize the NFL was a league years before the Super Bowl existed, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think in 2020 when the NFL reaches its 50th anniversary of the merger, for one season all teams should wear throwbacks of what they wore when the merger occurred (1970).

Yes I'm aware of the teams that didn't exist in 1970... That's why there are such things as Fauxbacks.

I think in 2020 when the NFL reaches its 50th anniversary of the merger, for one season all teams should wear throwbacks of what they wore when the merger occurred (1970).

Yes I'm aware of the teams that didn't exist in 1970... That's why there are such things as Fauxbacks.

That's an awesome idea, even if they just did it for a couple weeks of the year. And any team who wasn't around during that time could wear their original uniforms?

wEpqz03.jpg

LOL what championships?

You realize the NFL was a league years before the Super Bowl existed, right?

You mean the league existed BEFORE 1966?? :)

That's an awesome idea, even if they just did it for a couple weeks of the year. And any team who wasn't around during that time could wear their original uniforms?

I think the NFL can be smart enough to come up with fauxbacks for the Seahawks, Buccaneers, Panthers, Jaguars, Ravens, and Texans

I think the NFL can be smart enough to come up with fauxbacks for the Seahawks, Buccaneers, Panthers, Jaguars, Ravens, and Texans

The Bucs and the Seahawks should just wear their original uniforms.

The Bucs and the Seahawks should just wear their original uniforms.
makes sense since they were both founded in 1976

Archived